Danny Masterson sentenced to 30 years to life for rape.

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Danny Masterson sentenced to 30 years to life in prison in rape case​

By
, CNN
Updated 8:31 PM EDT, Thu September 7, 2023

Danny Masterson at the Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center in Los Angeles in May.

Danny Masterson at the Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center in Los Angeles in May.
Myung J. Chun/Los Angeles Times/Getty Images

CNN —
Actor
was sentenced on Thursday to 30 years to life in prison after he was convicted on two counts of rape earlier this year in a Los Angeles courtroom, according to Deputy D.A. Reinhold Mueller of the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office.
Masterson received the maximum “aggregate” penalty for the crimes, Mueller said.

The “That ’70s Show” star, 47, was
in late May on two of three counts of rape, and was taken into custody following the verdict. The jury was deadlocked on the third count.

Following his initial
in 2020, Masterson had pleaded not guilty to raping three women at his home in separate incidents between 2001 and 2003.

The sentence on Thursday stems from the second trial in the case, which began on April 24 and went to the jury on May 17. Masterson was represented by defense lawyers Shawn Holley and Philip Cohen. Deputy D.A. Ariel Anson and Deputy D.A. Mueller prosecuted the case.

Holley told reporters outside of the courthouse Thursday that they plan to appeal his rape convictions.

“We are very disappointed in the sentence the judge handed down today,” said Holley, reading from a statement. “Mr. Masterson did not commit the crimes for which he was convicted and we and the appellate lawyers who are the best and the brightest in the country are confident that these convictions will be overturned.”

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
I’m conflicted….

Is this an attack on Scientology or was there a coverup?

These accusations date back 16+ years, the crimes were investigated by police and no criminal charges were ever filed.

I might be biased… he was my favorite character on That 70s show… so, there is that….

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
Ashton Kutcher has stepped down as Board Chair of Anti-Child-Sex-Abuse Organization he founded in 2009.

He and his wife, Mika Kunis, provided character witness statements on behalf of Masterson and have since issued a public apology.

I believe the intent of witness statements are absolutely necessary in providing a defendant with adequate representation in these matters.