Heat Wave hits Pacific Northwest

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva
This past weekend was just miserable if you were caught outside. It was so bad we used our air conditioning for the very first time. I had to run a bunch of errands on Saturday and felt what it feels like living in brimstone that is on fire. The 101 degree temperature didn't bother me, it was the humidity. It's like walking through particles of hot mini rain drops suspended in midair.

It's supposed to get to 108 today, so everyone I know except for the Hispanic landscapers that are trimming my hedges as I type this out are holed up at home with their ac cranked up full blast. It's gotten so bad that there are "cooling centers" open.

For anyone that doesn't have ac but has a fan. To keep cool do this. Place the fan in front of you and wet your face and body. Then let the hot air from the fan cool you down as the moisture on your skin begins to wick the heat from your body. You may have to repeat this more than several times to stay at a comfortable temperature.

I hope wherever you people are at, I hope you're staying chilled and well hydrated.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
iu

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
This past weekend was just miserable if you were caught outside. It was so bad we used our air conditioning for the very first time. I had to run a bunch of errands on Saturday and felt what it feels like living in brimstone that is on fire. The 101 degree temperature didn't bother me, it was the humidity. It's like walking through particles of hot mini rain drops suspended in midair.

It's supposed to get to 108 today, so everyone I know except for the Hispanic landscapers that are trimming my hedges as I type this out are holed up at home with their ac cranked up full blast. It's gotten so bad that there are "cooling centers" open.

For anyone that doesn't have ac but has a fan. To keep cool do this. Place the fan in front of you and wet your face and body. Then let the hot air from the fan cool you down as the moisture on your skin begins to wick the heat from your body. You may have to repeat this more than several times to stay at a comfortable temperature.

I hope wherever you people are at, I hope you're staying chilled and well hydrated.

Fill a bucket halfway with ice and water. Drill three large hole in the bucket just above the waterline. Place a fan over the top of the bucket blowing into the bucket. Cool air from the ice water will come out the three large holes you made.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Soyattle's melting, MELTING I say!!! What a damn shame it is too.

Was about 100 F or 34 Celsius in Vancouver Canada yesterday.

And it is more woke/gay/soy than Seattle imho.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
i feel bad for the animals, imagine having a fur coat u cant take off in these temps

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
i feel bad for the animals, imagine having a fur coat u cant take off in these temps

Kind of makes me think about Combat troops in full gear out in a desert some were - - - - - -
Anyways a nice farmer will have shade trees and water for the animals.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Kind of makes me think about Combat troops in full gear out in a desert some were - - - - - -
Anyways a nice farmer will have shade trees and water for the animals.
i was thinking wildlife, like bears - fur coat AND an emergency blubber layer

i would take my cubs 2 the creek and flop down in the water like a hippo till the heatwave passed

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
Black Bears Take Dip Alongside Beachgoers In CA Lake

SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, CA — Californians having a beach day in South Lake Tahoe on Sunday were joined by a large adult black bear and three playful cubs that came down to splash around in the lake, KCRA reported.

AALDnUu.jpg

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Anyways it rained about yesterday in the Pacific Northwest.
Cooled the joint down a bit.
But it's supposed to go back up to 90 F by Thursday or Friday.