Hockey Night in Canada

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
...I don't know if it was ever broadcast in the United States or American viewers had a chance to watch live televised broadcasts in the States.

Here was the original theme:

Admin.

Silent Scream, try to tear your face apart.
Site Supporter ☠️
...I don't know if it was ever broadcast in the United States or American viewers had a chance to watch live televised broadcasts in the States.

Here was the original theme:

I used to be a big fan of the Hanson Brothers.

slapshot.jpeg

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The American Counterpart to Hockey Night Canada in the States was NBC's Hockey Broadcast of the Week. I think they fell on the weekends as well.

And the 'Voice of America' was CBS's Dan Kelly.

He did a good job covering the Down 'n Dirty style of the 1970s a la The Hanson Brothers:

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
That was a shit fight, Senile @Joe.

Tiger Williams was one of the worst enforcers to ever play the game. I cheered for him, but he was pretty bad.

Master

Won't post at a forum CDunce has a panel at
Site Supporter
That was a shit fight, Senile @Joe.

Tiger Williams was one of the worst enforcers to ever play the game. I cheered for him, but he was pretty bad.
Probert, Kocur, and Behn Wilson would have caved in ol Tigers head.

It's rough watching that stuff then watching today's pussified NHL.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Probert, Kocur, and Behn Wilson would have caved in ol Tigers head.

It's rough watching that stuff then watching today's pussified NHL.
So could have a lot of others.
But they probably didn't because they were actually 'friends' off ice if you can believe it.

I remember when both Dave Schultz and Williams went up against the new Kid on the Block, Dave Semenko, and they both got creamed by him - and he wasn't really trying to hurt them. He was bigger, stronger and tougher than both of them.

But Semenko himself later got displaced by somebody bigger, stronger and meaner than himself by a guy named Dave Brown who was like 6'5". I think there would eventually be a guy even bigger than him - Chris Pronger who was 6'6" & even bigger giants than him later on. Most notably Zedeno Chara - 6'9"

I met a guy who took on Chris Pronger during his career. He was smaller tho. Cripes it looked his face was punched from his years of having to fight guys like that.