J.R.R. Tolkien

cousin george

Factory Bastard
I read in another thread that a couple of people here like Tolkien. He's been my favorite author since I was a kid, so it's refreshing to find a flamer site where he's liked. Tell me about your connection to the books!

I like to try and put myself in Sauron's shoes as though he doesn't know he's evil, just a skillful dude who wants order for the world.

Big Sexy

narcoleptic mattress salesman
Site Supporter
JR TOLKIEN!! Loved the books, not crazy about the movies.
The books had so much more than they could cram into 3 hour or 9 hours actually.
I read them all in high school along with Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
I read in another thread that a couple of people here like Tolkien. He's been my favorite author since I was a kid, so it's refreshing to find a flamer site where he's liked. Tell me about your connection to the books!

I like to try and put myself in Sauron's shoes as though he doesn't know he's evil, just a skillful dude who wants order for the world.

Love me some Tolkien!!! I am one of the biggest Tolkien nerds lol.

Im currently giving my Jeep a Tolkien theme. My fiddle case has multiple Tolkien pins attached to it. I made a Gandalf robe, and when my son was lil, him and I were Gandalf and Frodo for Halloween. I have a custom Tolkien wood phone case lol. Im even working on a 4th edition Tolkien calendar, even though its a lil late, it shall arrive precisely when I mean it to lol. I have other stuff too lol, Im a huge Tolkien nerd!

Have you read The Silmarilion lol? Sauron was one of Morgath's/Melkor's Captains. Morgath wanted absolute power over Middle Earth. After Morgath was taken out, Sauron continued in his footsteps.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
JR TOLKIEN!! Loved the books, not crazy about the movies.
The books had so much more than they could cram into 3 hour or 9 hours actually.
I read them all in high school along with Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy.

The extended editions are roughly 12 hours lol. But yes, the books had so much more. Cant believe Tom Bombadil wasnt included.

Did you know, right before Covid, they were working on a new Lord of the Rings series on Amazon? 5 seasons! Supposedly, it will involve the 1st and 2nd Age, which is prior to the Hobbit.