Kris Kristofferson

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I saw him speak once at a political fundraiser. He was actually quite brilliant. He was a Rhodes Scholar.

Yeah, I read his obit.

He was very talented and in different ways. Academically, he taught English at West Point, helicopter pilot and an actor and successful country singer. Very impressive.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
When asked what he believed to be the secret of life, Kristofferson told
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
in 2017, "I had a list of rules I made up one time. It says: Tell the truth, sing with passion, work with laughter, and love with heart. Those are good to start with anyway."

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
Yeah, I read his obit.

He was very talented and in different ways. Academically, he taught English at West Point, helicopter pilot and an actor and successful country singer. Very impressive.
I never forgot seeing him speak. I don't remember what he talked about, but at the time, I remember being very moved and touched and thinking that it bordered on the mystical. And he was talking about how to deal with right wingers.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I never forgot seeing him speak. I don't remember what he talked about, but at the time, I remember being very moved and touched and thinking that it bordered on the mystical. And he was talking about how to deal with right wingers.

He must have approached it with compassion. Sounds like a great experience.