Many Saints of Newark

The Countess

Hood with it
Site Supporter
Total crap. As a hardcore Soprano’s fan, I’m highly insulted that someone would attach this sorry thrown together garbage to the Soprano’s legacy. I knew ten minutes in that it was gonna be garbage.

Reggie_Essent

An Claidheam Anam
Does it really suck that bad? I was gonna watch it too, but now I might not bother.

Put it like this -

It went woke. Half the movie focused on blacks.

Well, that not only sucks, but is typical.

I heard the young actor that plays young Tony is actually the son of the dead guy that played Tony in the Sopranos. Not sure if that's true, but I seem to recall reading that somewhere. But if the writing isn't up to the original, I won't waste the ducats.

OP
OP

The Countess

Hood with it
Site Supporter
Does it really suck that bad? I was gonna watch it too, but now I might not bother.

Put it like this -

It went woke. Half the movie focused on blacks.

Well, that not only sucks, but is typical.

I heard the young actor that plays young Tony is actually the son of the dead guy that played Tony in the Sopranos. Not sure if that's true, but I seem to recall reading that somewhere. But if the writing isn't up to the original, I won't waste the ducats.

The son is playing Tony. Nothing like the original series.

Master Pu

I'll Funk You Up!
It's a good movie. Chase said it wouldn't be like the series. Gandolfini did almost two seasons of 'The Deuce' on HBO so he's not a new actor.
Watch the details which are funny. Like Juniors evil eye shots. His swearing almost like Tourettes Syndrome. The anger of Johnny S. Dickie's anger. Paulley's hypochondriacism when he passes the salt and pepper shakers. Syl's combover and then his 'piece', also his feminine mannerisms. Then there's the 'Junior revelation' that he put the hit on Dickie and not the guy Chris killed at Tony's behest who he told Chris killed his dad years later in the series. When baby Chris cried every time Tony came near him and the old lady saying 'baby's bring over things from the other side' when born. Little shit like that are funny and interesting.
Was it a great movie? No.

OP
OP

The Countess

Hood with it
Site Supporter
It's a good movie. Chase said it wouldn't be like the series. Gandolfini did almost two seasons of 'The Deuce' on HBO so he's not a new actor.
Watch the details which are funny. Like Juniors evil eye shots. His swearing almost like Tourettes Syndrome. The anger of Johnny S. Dickie's anger. Paulley's hypochondriacism when he passes the salt and pepper shakers. Syl's combover and then his 'piece', also his feminine mannerisms. Then there's the 'Junior revelation' that he put the hit on Dickie and not the guy Chris killed at Tony's behest who he told Chris killed his dad years later in the series. When baby Chris cried every time Tony came near him and the old lady saying 'baby's bring over things from the other side' when born. Little shit like that are funny and interesting.

It was a mess, hunny. Once the “woke” black stuff started, I knew it was going to be crap. Barely anything about Johnnyboy, Livia or Tony.

deport_liberals

Banned
Banned

It was a mess, hunny. Once the “woke” black stuff started, I knew it was going to be crap. Barely anything about Johnnyboy, Livia or Tony.
It was awful, really. I fell asleep halfway through, missed why Jr. put the hit on, if they even actually explained it.

deport_liberals

Banned
Banned
Seems like the regular folk reviews are pretty negative, critics like it of course. Soon they'll be calling us racists for hating it, just watch.

kooch

Shitposting Idiot
Total crap. As a hardcore Soprano’s fan, I’m highly insulted that someone would attach this sorry thrown together garbage to the Soprano’s legacy. I knew ten minutes in that it was gonna be garbage.

Why does everything need a remake/prequel/sequel/soft reboot?

Just re-release the series as a box set with a bunch of those pointless behind the scenes interviews and be done with.

deport_liberals

Banned
Banned

Just re-release the series as a box set with a bunch of those pointless behind the scenes interviews and be done with.
No new ideas so they just wokeify old ones.

OP
OP

The Countess

Hood with it
Site Supporter

No new ideas so they just wokeify old ones.

Exactly! OG Tony Soprano would neva!