Military dogs euthanized due to label

Big Sexy

narcoleptic mattress salesman
Site Supporter
It's been happening in just about every modern country since quarantine regulations came in.

I know of an occasion at the end of WW2 where Australian troops tried to smuggle the regimental mascot (a cat) back into Australia. The captain of the military vessel found out & stopped the ship, searched it, couldn't find the animal & but then refused to continue until it was produced to be killed. The cat was produced & killed. There's a similar story of Horrie the Wog Dog who was successfully smuggled back in, then later discovered by government officials who came to kill it. That animal survived because the owner gave them a different dog, which was killed in Horrie's place.

Particularly with military animals, they're substantially more likely than most to go into regions where all sorts of bizarre biological infections can occur & accidental contagions can absolutely cripple ecosystems. There are extremely sound reasons to be exceptionally cautious with animals that have been rolling around a warzone getting coated in who-knows-what biological & chemical substances, rather than being someone's house pet who's getting regular vet checkups in another 1st world country.

I don't think it's very nice, I think it demonstrates a poor attitude towards other living creatures, but it's not as simple as a case of "congress can't be bothered" and it is certainly not senseless.

aunty mabels cuntwash

acquiring filth
It's been happening in just about every modern country since quarantine regulations came in.
Why though? Wasn't the whole idea of quarantining to "wait and see" before determining if euthanizing or releasing the organism was the better option? I thought it was.

I'm going to have to side with you on this matter. Both the ship's captain and the government officials exercised a poor attitude towards the respective animals they insisted be put down, the government officials even more so.

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
War dogs are trained for different jobs and the one's train to kill never return and the one's train for finding bombs and etc do come home and as far as quarantine goes applys to people as well- - - - - -

aunty mabels cuntwash

acquiring filth
Yes, can you imagine the outcry if they shot the crew of Apollo 11 instead of sticking them in a box to see if they'd caught any moon cooties?

TheHaze

Site Supporter
How would they know if some one had cooties when no one has ever seen what they look like- - - - - - - - -

ahtaC yddaM

I know of an occasion at the end of WW2 where Australian troops tried to smuggle the regimental mascot (a cat) back into Australia. The captain of the military vessel found out & stopped the ship, searched it, couldn't find the animal & but then refused to continue until it was produced to be killed. The cat was produced & killed. There's a similar story of Horrie the Wog Dog who was successfully smuggled back in, then later discovered by government officials who came to kill it. That animal survived because the owner gave them a different dog, which was killed in Horrie's place.

Particularly with military animals, they're substantially more likely than most to go into regions where all sorts of bizarre biological infections can occur & accidental contagions can absolutely cripple ecosystems. There are extremely sound reasons to be exceptionally cautious with animals that have been rolling around a warzone getting coated in who-knows-what biological & chemical substances, rather than being someone's house pet who's getting regular vet checkups in another 1st world country.

I don't think it's very nice, I think it demonstrates a poor attitude towards other living creatures, but it's not as simple as a case of "congress can't be bothered" and it is certainly not senseless.

I can't take your seriously with your avatar. I tried. But I can't.

aunty mabels cuntwash

acquiring filth
How would they know if some one had cooties when no one has ever seen what they look like- - - - - - - - -
Exactly. They should have shot Buzz Aldrin dead where he stood. With lasers and extreme prejudice. But they didn't. That's how you know the moon landing was faked.

#ConspiacyThread

Dageaux

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Seriously tho that is some bullshit. Using that logic you could say "well hell, might as well shoot all the soldiers before they come back too. They have been crawling around out there in that nasty old jungle, who knows what kinda bullshit they got all over 'em". I think the infectious agent is just a smoke screen. Military cannot afford to have an animal who is trained to be in combat loose in a civilian world. the liability would be enormous if one of those animals attacked a citizen. So military solution, "kill 'em".

Although having said that, I do acknowledge that bringing animals into a new environment that have never seen that particular breed can be problematic. Look at the Australian rabbit problem, or the NZ rodent problem. Common sense is definitely to be used, but bringing home a dog from Afghanistan is not gonna fuck with the food chain or anyone's immune system.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
Seriously tho that is some bullshit. Using that logic you could say "well hell, might as well shoot all the soldiers before they come back too. They have been crawling around out there in that nasty old jungle, who knows what kinda bullshit they got all over 'em". I think the infectious agent is just a smoke screen. Military cannot afford to have an animal who is trained to be in combat loose in a civilian world. the liability would be enormous if one of those animals attacked a citizen. So military solution, "kill 'em".

Although having said that, I do acknowledge that bringing animals into a new environment that have never seen that particular breed can be problematic. Look at the Australian rabbit problem, or the NZ rodent problem. Common sense is definitely to be used, but bringing home a dog from Afghanistan is not gonna fuck with the food chain or anyone's immune system.
You talk like an animals life means nothing! Call me names all you like but I’d rather see you dead than a puppy or kitten! I wouldn’t flinch if you filmed your suicide tbh :EvilOne3:
Would you work in a slaughter house?

Dageaux

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
That post went completely over your head didn't it?

No honestly I like animals much more than most people. For example, my bird would have understood that post much better than you seem to....

And yes I would work in a slaughterhouse (except I am too old and lazy for all that shit) one of my favorite things about animals is that many of them taste really good when you put them over flames...

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

No honestly I like animals much more than most people. For example, my bird would have understood that post much better than you seem to....

And yes I would work in a slaughterhouse (except I am too old and lazy for all that shit) one of my favorite things about animals is that many of them taste really good when you put them over flames...
Yeah I’m so sorry that my brain isn’t as big and powerful as yours...

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

I’m not too bothered about exposing cruelty! You are a cunt! You’d enjoy going home to your fat wife everyday after a good old cruelty session... Animal Cruelty Removed

Last edited by a moderator:

TheHaze

Site Supporter
Smells like bullshit. Military Working Dogs are too expensiveness to euthanize without a reason.
So then what would you do with a war dog that is train to kill when the war is over- - - - - -

TheHaze

Site Supporter

Iggy McLulz

Fucking Delightful
Site Supporter ☠️
Smells like bullshit. Military Working Dogs are too expensiveness to euthanize without a reason.
So then what would you do with a war dog that is train to kill when the war is over- - - - - -
The same damn thing they do with the soldiers who were also trained to kill.
So if you had to be lock in a room with a war killer dog or me which would you pick- - - - - -
I really don't know because I'm not educated enough to handle either situation. Do you suffer from PSTD?
I didn't even know what to do for my brother when he had a very mild episode during a storm a few summers ago, lightning struck his garage while we were all out there having a slightly indoor cookout due to the rain. He just fucking froze and you could see the terror on his face. Then he just quickly excused himself and went to lay down.
As for the dogs, if dogs used for dogfights can sometimes be worked with to become adoptable, why not the same treatment for military dogs?

TheHaze

Site Supporter
[QUOTE="Iggy McLulz, post: 9998,
I really don't know because I'm not educated enough to handle either situation. Do you suffer from PSTD?
[/QUOTE]
Did you mean PTSD? You don't have to be in a combat zone to suffer from PTSD,a car accident or rape etc ect can fuck you up and for the record if you think you are not educated enough to answer my question then don't be posting shit about bringing those war dogs home,trust me they can not be trusted!anyways don't think they have killer dogs anymore- - - - - - - -

Iggy McLulz

Fucking Delightful
Site Supporter ☠️
Did you mean PTSD? You don't have to be in a combat zone to suffer from PTSD,a car accident or rape etc ect can fuck you up and for the record if you think you are not educated enough to answer my question then don't be posting shit about bringing those war dogs home,trust me they can not be trusted!anyways don't think they have killer dogs anymore- - - - - - - -
Well excuse me for the typo. And I will post whatever the fuck I want, freedom of speech and all ya know? Yes I know PTSD can be caused by different types of trauma not sure why the fuck you brought that up. After seeing how easily you get bent out of shape I think I'd take my chances with the dog. You'd probably slit my throat for breathing the wrong way.

D-Day

_
The same damn thing they do with the soldiers who were also trained to kill.

You are correct that Military Working Dogs treated similarly to humans when they redeploy.

As for what happens when they are finished with their service under Federal Law they must first be offered to Civilian Law Enforcement Agencies. Those not selected are then adopted out. 90% end up with their handlers, but for the remaining 10% there are multiple non-profits that work to place former Military Working Dogs.