Sen Kelly introduces important legislation

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
One of the best proposals I have heard of yet. Watch all the Cons and most of the Dems kill it in its tracks.

Sen. Kelly: The insider trading happening in Congress is 'not right'

Sen. Mark Kelly of Arizona joined with fellow Democratic Senator Jon Ossoff of Georgia last week to lay down a marker on when their colleagues on Capitol Hill should be able to trade stocks. Never, they say.

The two Senators proposed
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
so far to ban stock trading not just by lawmakers but also by members of their immediate family: the Ban Congressional Stock Trading Act, which would confiscate a lawmaker’s entire salary if they break the rules.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Last edited:

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter
I agree with this, but as you've alluded to, I doubt it will ever be implemented.

As the article states, it isn't fair for politicians and their loved ones to have access to inside info and then be able to use it to trade stocks. It's yet another one of many examples where the political class has an unfair advantage over the rest of us.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I agree with this, but as you've alluded to, I doubt it will ever be implemented.

As the article states, it isn't fair for politicians and their loved ones to have access to inside info and then be able to use it to trade stocks. It's yet another one of many examples where the political class has an unfair advantage over the rest of us.

It is, and I think it's at the heart of all the corruption in DC and around the world. Elected government representatives should not be allowed to participate in the stock market in any way.

Nancy Pelosi will be instrumental in putting a stop to this bill, imo. She's the biggest benefactor of Wall Street trading in Congress.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

It is, and I think it's at the heart of all the corruption in DC and around the world. Elected government representatives should not be allowed to participate in the stock market in any way.

Nancy Pelosi will be instrumental in putting a stop to this bill, imo. She's the biggest benefactor of Wall Street trading in Congress.

Pelosi is the reason we need this bill lol. At least one of the most well known ones.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Pelosi is the reason we need this bill lol. At least one of the most well known ones.

I'd guess about 98% of Congress are the reason why we need this bill. It's criminal.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
We're the country with the most legal corruption in the world, so idiots think it's not corrupt because it's legal.

This is very true. The lawmakers in the USA sold out decades ago, and the country is drowning in corruption.