So Bruce Willis has some form of dementia

Admin.

The Flying Fickle Finger Of Fate.
Site Supporter ☠️
Having gone through that with my Mom not so long ago, i can say it is a tricky and sneaky disease, it creeps up on you when you're not looking, and at least with my Mom it seemed to progress in stages when it becomes "evident"

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Having gone through that with my Mom not so long ago, i can say it is a tricky and sneaky disease, it creeps up on you when you're not looking, and at least with my Mom it seemed to progress in stages when it becomes "evident"

Sorry you had to go through that. Very rough.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

I'm pretty sure my mother is going through early dementia. We dont have a diagnosis yet but we are taking her to a neurologist.

I had to become her payee for her benefits because her primary doesnt think shes capable of managing her money. After having her in my care the past year - she isnt. We opened a separate account for her and I put a few hundred in it for her. She has that card for that account and can spend it however she wants. She usually orders stuff for her hair, or clothes she wants, so on.

One time she sat and ordered the same pair of shoes like 5 times. I had to ship these shoes back and get her a refund....she had no clue what she did. She puts things down and "loses" them and automatically thinks people are taking her things. And shes only 59.

It's a lot. You know I've done this for a living and I worked with patients with advanced dementia who are in hospice. But it's very different when it's your own family member and you have them with you. I have the benefit of experience but it can get definately get exhausting and at some point I'll have to hire a home nurse.....off in the future.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Aphasia, actually.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

That's what smoking does to a person @LotusBud. ...

bruce-willis-smoking.gif

...not to mention his disappearing hairline.

Kills all the brain cells & the hair follicles too.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Aphasia, actually.

bruce-willis-smoking.gif

Well, I don't smoke, so yay!

Cigars can be really lethal.
Almost Everyone I knew who smoked them over an extended period of time developed serious health issues later in life.

f7390ec7f7372b1129837bf86a8f4b59--bald-men-cigar-smoking.jpg

Seems I remember seeing Willis smoking up a lot

Last edited:

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I'm pretty sure my mother is going through early dementia. We dont have a diagnosis yet but we are taking her to a neurologist.

I had to become her payee for her benefits because her primary doesnt think shes capable of managing her money. After having her in my care the past year - she isnt. We opened a separate account for her and I put a few hundred in it for her. She has that card for that account and can spend it however she wants. She usually orders stuff for her hair, or clothes she wants, so on.

One time she sat and ordered the same pair of shoes like 5 times. I had to ship these shoes back and get her a refund....she had no clue what she did. She puts things down and "loses" them and automatically thinks people are taking her things. And shes only 59.

It's a lot. You know I've done this for a living and I worked with patients with advanced dementia who are in hospice. But it's very different when it's your own family member and you have them with you. I have the benefit of experience but it can get definately get exhausting and at some point I'll have to hire a home nurse.....off in the future.

Gee I'm sorry about your mother @Dove.
It's too bad.

Hope you can find a way to care for her.

Actually I'm about the same age as your mom. Other than falling down the stairs on New Years Day cracking my ribs, I have no health issues. Never got COVID. So I'm lucky. But my brothers & sisters who are the same age or older have an assortment such as COVID, diabetes, heart problems & high blood pressure.

I suspect I'm the kind of person who could live to be 100 or more. However I don't think I want to & I may have to snuff my life out before it snuffs me out so I don't live way too long as I will likely outlive everyone I know now.

I think if people get too old, there's a point at which they should voluntarily leave this world. They should be/think like fish. Live their lives to the fullest but when their time comes, swim up stream, perish & become part of the earth again.

Last edited:

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Aphasia, actually.

bruce-willis-smoking.gif

Almost Everyone I knew who smoked them over an extended period of time developed serious health issues later in life.

Fidel Castro smoked cigars his whole life. He died at 90. I don't know how long he was sick though.

Admin.

The Flying Fickle Finger Of Fate.
Site Supporter ☠️
Aphasia, actually.

bruce-willis-smoking.gif

Fidel Castro smoked cigars his whole life. He died at 90. I don't know how long he was sick though.
One of my Grand Dads "chewed" Copenhagen since he was in High School, he made it to 86.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Aphasia, actually.

bruce-willis-smoking.gif

One of my Grand Dads "chewed" Copenhagen since he was in High School, he made it to 86.

Does anyone still buy that stuff?

Copenhagen_Three.JPG

I never see it anymore.

I remember it came in a black and red container.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Aphasia, actually.

bruce-willis-smoking.gif

Does anyone still buy that stuff?

Copenhagen_Three.JPG

I never see it anymore.

I remember it came in a black and red container.

That shit is so gross!

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

It's too bad.

Actually I'm about the same age as your mom. Other than falling down the stairs on New Years Day cracking my ribs, I have no health issues. Never got COVID. So I'm lucky. But my brothers & sisters who are the same age or older have an assortment such as COVID, diabetes, heart problems & high blood pressure.

I suspect I'm the kind of person who could live to be 100 or more. However I don't think I want to & I may have to snuff my life out before it snuffs me out so I don't live way too long as I will likely outlive everyone I know now.

I think if people get too old, there's a point at which they should voluntarily leave this world. They should be/think like fish. Live their lives to the fullest but when their time comes, swim up stream, perish & become part of the earth again.

Well my mother has always had a heap of psych problems. My entire life she was an alcoholic and addicted to prescription benzos. I'm convinced years of alcohol abuse is why shes going through this now.

Shes never been able to look after herself and she never has. I "grew up" pretty quick because of it. I've always known that if she divorced or her husband died(both of which happened. She divorced and a few years after he died of a heart attack) that I would end up looking after her. I'm really the only one left on our side of the family. I have no siblings. So I've always known today would come lol

My mother did not take care of herself at all. She went to rehab 5 years ago, got off alcohol(she was so dependent she needed a medical detox) and off her benzos but didnt complete a program and is still convinced shes never been an addict.

I'm sure her substance abuse is a huge part of why she has these problems now. It's sad but it is what it is. I still dont want her on her own or suffering so we just adjusted to having her with us full time.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

It's too bad.

Well my mother has always had a heap of psych problems. My entire life she was an alcoholic and addicted to prescription benzos. I'm convinced years of alcohol abuse is why shes going through this now.

Shes never been able to look after herself and she never has. I "grew up" pretty quick because of it. I've always known that if she divorced or her husband died(both of which happened. She divorced and a few years after he died of a heart attack) that I would end up looking after her. I'm really the only one left on our side of the family. I have no siblings. So I've always known today would come lol

My mother did not take care of herself at all. She went to rehab 5 years ago, got off alcohol(she was so dependent she needed a medical detox) and off her benzos but didnt complete a program and is still convinced shes never been an addict.

I'm sure her substance abuse is a huge part of why she has these problems now. It's sad but it is what it is. I still dont want her on her own or suffering so we just adjusted to having her with us full time.

It's too bad.

Maybe her home life growing up with your grandma was unstable?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

It's too bad.

It's too bad.

Maybe her home life growing up with your grandma was unstable?

My grandfather was abusive. He died when I was 17 months old from brain cancer.

My grandmother had bought a house and moved into it with my mother but she didnt divorce. And my grandfather would spend a lot of time there. My mom was 17 when she got pregnant with me. So she was a teen mom in 1980.