So I just got a Presidential Alert on my cell phone

Dageaux

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Anyone else?

If someone does not take this opportunity to somehow link Frump's twitter account to this so that everyone in America gets a "Presidential Alert" every time he opens his mouth, then I have lost complete faith in humanity and the power of the people.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
Anyone else?

If someone does not take this opportunity to somehow link Frump's twitter account to this so that everyone in America gets a "Presidential Alert" every time he opens his mouth, then I have lost complete faith in humanity and the power of the people.
The greatest president you’ve ever had, statistics don’t care about your feelings...

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
I dont think thats the case Dag, I think its an emergency alert system, not a tweet machine. I got one too as a test.

Dont forget, Obama had a kill switch made, for the net and phones etc. This seems like nothing compared to that... so long as its an "emergency" text.

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
I got it on my TV and the fucker wasn't even on,what you think about that shit- - - - - - -

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
kycGNYE.jpg

RAVEN

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I got one also.. It's for emergencies.. Nothing to do with twitter... twit!!!!

OP
OP
Dageaux

Dageaux

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Sheesh you guys are dense. I didn't say it was tied to his twitter, what I said was:

Someone SHOULD tie his Twitter to this so everyone in America gets a BOOOOOOOOOOOPPPP every time he posts some stupid shit on Twitter...

RAVEN

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
My apologies, Dageaux...:)..i misread your post...guess that makes me the twit...lololol...

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
Sheesh you guys are dense. I didn't say it was tied to his twitter, what I said was:

Someone SHOULD tie his Twitter to this so everyone in America gets a BOOOOOOOOOOOPPPP every time he posts some stupid shit on Twitter...
I caught wind straight away therefore not doing dense sausage...

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

My bad man, the leftys are going insane over this thinking they ARE gonna start getting his tweets :ROFL3:

OP
OP
Dageaux

Dageaux

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
no more intrusive than the Weather alerts which tell me if I was in my home area code I should be evacuating (I live 500 miles inland now) or worse yet the Amber alerts we get every time a kid is kidnapped at 3AM.

CorsetKat

Factory Feline
Site Supporter
Yeah, everyone got it. I turned amber alerts off years ago. I also thought about his tweets getting linked to this new alert. I haven't investigated turning it off yet.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Yeah, everyone got it. I turned amber alerts off years ago. I also thought about his tweets getting linked to this new alert. I haven't investigated turning it off yet.

My Alert Message preferences instantly popped up when I got it. I can turn off Amber Alerts, and 2 others, but it wont allow me to turn off Presidential Alerts weirdly.

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

My Alert Message preferences instantly popped up when I got it. I can turn off Amber Alerts, and 2 others, but it wont allow me to turn off Presidential Alerts weirdly.

They're on to you, man.

I have alerts turned off on my phone and I didn't get it. I guess I knew of such a thing but never received any. I thought it was something you subscribed to. I don't remember having to turn them off when I got my phone but maybe I did. However, a couple months or so ago, there was an update for my phone. I put it off for a week or two until I was ready to deal with any bullshit complications that might ensue. I did the update and that very night, I got an alert while I was trying to sleep. I almost always have my phone on silence (and I did) but that motherfucker put out the most obscene noise and woke me up. WTF?!? I can't remember if it was weather or Amber related but I couldn't care less either way. I was trying to have some rest and sleep. The next morning, I thoroughly went through my settings and turned that shit off.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

They're on to you, man.

I have alerts turned off on my phone and I didn't get it. I guess I knew of such a thing but never received any. I thought it was something you subscribed to. I don't remember having to turn them off when I got my phone but maybe I did. However, a couple months or so ago, there was an update for my phone. I put it off for a week or two until I was ready to deal with any bullshit complications that might ensue. I did the update and that very night, I got an alert while I was trying to sleep. I almost always have my phone on silence (and I did) but that motherfucker put out the most obscene noise and woke me up. WTF?!? I can't remember if it was weather or Amber related but I couldn't care less either way. I was trying to have some rest and sleep. The next morning, I thoroughly went through my settings and turned that shit off.

Those alerts are loud I agree lol.

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
They come on my TV and even if it is off(stand by)or mute and I use ear phones and got a blast once and almost made my ears bleed- - - - - - -