So tell me if you think this is weird

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Because it's a reoccurring conversation in my house.

So I've posted about how my cat, Salem, got pregnant before we could spay her and then got really sick with an URI and started miscarrying her kittens.

So we took to the emergency vet. It was me and my oldest daughter. WeSo we get there and we end up sitting in the parking lot for about 4 hours. They come and get your pet and you stay in the parking lot due to Covid.

So we were told Salem was gonna "need" the csection, I consented and my daughter and I left to go home and wait for the estimate.

It was dark on the way home, and we are driving on smaller dirt roads. So it was creepy and we were talking about skin walkers and creepy woods shit.

Well we get to a part of road with like a marsh on both sides. And there is this crane just chilling in the middle of the road ....I had to slow down because it didnt fly away right away. Nothing too strange and it was big pretty bird.

So we get home....get the estimate blah blah....3 hours later GB and I went back to the vet to pick her up. Same roads. The bird wasnt there when we were on our way to the vet but I told GB about we saw it there on the way home.

So we get to the vet. An hour later they bring Salem out to us, we pay them and start heading home.

Well on the way home, the bird was there. Same spot. Same nonchalant attitude. And I dont know why.....but it REALLY freaked me out.

Is it not completely weird that bird was only there in the road on the way back both times? With hours in between?

I know this story isnt exactly exciting.....but this was weird and it was weird that it actually scared me. And I cant get over feeling like it was just really blizzard that bird was there both times on the way back ONLY. Just standing there in the middle of the road at 330am.

Anyone else find that weird and creepy or am I just a headcase? GB also thought it was creepy.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Maybe you're in a matrix...

Right?

Maybe you're really seeing an owl.

Any unexplained loss of time?

Nope.

It was definately a crane. It was standing on it's long birdy legs right in the road.

It could be an owl on stilts...

I would have totally noticed that and chased it lol.

I love owls ♡

It was a crane or crane like bird. Long beak and legs. It didnt take off right away either time. Maybe stunned by my headlights.

Anyway.....this was just fucked up lol

Last edited:

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
At least we don't have to worry about our cat getting pregnant or getting any infections. First he is a male and second when we adopted him they had already cut his balls off.

The skin walker shit sounds freaky though. Oh, and we had to do the wai outside the vet thing too after kitty got into a fight not just with another cat but also with raccon. Not fun. The ball less wonder thinks he is a bad ass but the reality is he gets his ass but then he screams and runs away.

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Reading your description I was imagining it in my head, yeah that is strange, mind you things always look stranger when it’s dark. Maybe it got killed there and is a ghost bird, then again maybe it sleeps close by and popped out for a fag cos his Mrs don’t like him smoking...

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

So I've posted about how my cat, Salem, got pregnant before we could spay her and then got really sick with an URI and started miscarrying her kittens.

So we took to the emergency vet. It was me and my oldest daughter. WeSo we get there and we end up sitting in the parking lot for about 4 hours. They come and get your pet and you stay in the parking lot due to Covid.

So we were told Salem was gonna "need" the csection, I consented and my daughter and I left to go home and wait for the estimate.

It was dark on the way home, and we are driving on smaller dirt roads. So it was creepy and we were talking about skin walkers and creepy woods shit.

Well we get to a part of road with like a marsh on both sides. And there is this crane just chilling in the middle of the road ....I had to slow down because it didnt fly away right away. Nothing too strange and it was big pretty bird.

So we get home....get the estimate blah blah....3 hours later GB and I went back to the vet to pick her up. Same roads. The bird wasnt there when we were on our way to the vet but I told GB about we saw it there on the way home.

So we get to the vet. An hour later they bring Salem out to us, we pay them and start heading home.

Well on the way home, the bird was there. Same spot. Same nonchalant attitude. And I dont know why.....but it REALLY freaked me out.

Is it not completely weird that bird was only there in the road on the way back both times? With hours in between?

I know this story isnt exactly exciting.....but this was weird and it was weird that it actually scared me. And I cant get over feeling like it was just really blizzard that bird was there both times on the way back ONLY. Just standing there in the middle of the road at 330am.

Anyone else find that weird and creepy or am I just a headcase? GB also thought it was creepy.
It probably has a nest high up in a tree, and is looking to score some roadkill or the odd snake. Sometimes snakes like the warmth of the road after sundown...

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

It probably has a nest high up in a tree, and is looking to score some roadkill or the odd snake. Sometimes snakes like the warmth of the road after sundown...

It was legit just standing there. And ONLY on the way back.

It was a fucking demon trying to lead us to some demon oggah boogah house in the woods. FACT.

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
Those birds mate for life and one got ran over on that spot and every time a car come's along the other one come's out hoping you will stop so it can pluck your eye's out and only comes out for cars going the same way that ran over it's mate- - - -
Bottom line >>> DON'T STOP<<<

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Those birds mate for life and one got ran over on that spot and every time a car come's along the other one come's out hoping you will stop so it can pluck your eye's out and only comes out for cars going the same way that ran over it's mate- - - -

That...... makes an eerie amount of sense.

I knew I could count on you guys.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

your OP reminded me of this movie

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

your OP reminded me of this movie

Fucking hell lol

Mr. Whipple

brilliantly insane
Site Supporter
any loss of time ?
giphy.gif

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
There are lizards and other critters in my yard, some during the day and others at night. Can anyone recommend a witch doctor? I'm the terrifiedest of all the posters at this forum.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
It's not that a bird was out in the dark.

It's that it was standing in the same spot but ONLY on the way back.

It was weird. Very weird. And unsettling.

Mr. 5050

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Cat miscarried kittens...

Kittens > babies > crane...

It was there to deliver the souls of the unborn... :EvilOne:

wiiQHXG.jpg

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

It was legit just standing there. And ONLY on the way back.

It was a fucking demon trying to lead us to some demon oggah boogah house in the woods. FACT.
Hey, if any of you have demons or ghosts or anything sinister, send them my way to sort out. I’ll break ‘em! Fact!
:ThumbsUp1:

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Cat miscarried kittens...

Kittens > babies > crane...

It was there to deliver the souls of the unborn... :EvilOne:

wiiQHXG.jpg

Ewww!!!

I didnt even think about the dead kittens much. I was very focused on Salem being okay.

I'm still ticked that they tried to sell us an expensive "emergency csection" for Salem but didnt bother telling us that she had birthed 3 of the dead kittens while they had her back there.

So glad we didnt just give them 4k to do an unessesary surgery on a SICK cat.