The best midnight snack? A quesadilla which is over stuffed with Bulgarian sheeps milk cheese and extra sharp cheddar.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It is way to much cheese but it is so satisfying. Best midnight snack ever!

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
I prefer my quesadillas with corn tortillas heated on a comal until golden brown crispy and then stuffed with crumbled queso penela and topped with Cholula hot sauce or Tapatillo in a pinch.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
A little bit of sliced ham can be a nice touch too. It has to be a flour tortilla so you can get a large size.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
I prefer my quesadillas with corn tortillas heated on a comal until golden brown crispy and then stuffed with crumbled queso penela and topped with Cholula hot sauce or Tapatillo in a pinch.

Queso Panela? Pan cheese? It's the type we eat the most here in Brazoo.

2TH0DVY.jpeg

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
It’s my favorite :YaY:

LOL it's great stuff

It's good on sandwiches, hot or cold, great in salads, if you pair it with guava paste, it makes a great dessert, we call it Romeo and Juliet here.

Have you ever tried picking a good chunk, sticking it on a fork and roast over the stove flame?

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Queso Panela? Pan cheese? It's the type we eat the most here in Brazoo.

2TH0DVY.jpeg
The big problem is that hog is 500lbs of pure stupid and she is just to dumb to know it. I regularly shop at Poncho Villa Mercado and regularly go down to Mexico and traditionally in northern Mexico they use flower tortillas, she is just to dumb to know it. They also have a wild variety of cheese beyond white new cheeses. Again, she is just to stupid to know it.

Admin.

All that glitters, is not gold.
Site Supporter ☠️
The big problem is that hog is 500lbs of pure stupid and she is just to dumb to know it. I regularly shop at Poncho Villa Mercado and regularly go down to Mexico and traditionally in northern Mexico they use flower tortillas, she is just to dumb to know it. They also have a wild variety of cheese beyond white new cheeses. Again, she is just to stupid to know it.
Are you still midnight snacking on Andy Ngo?

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
When you get a good piece of that cheese and just let it dry and cure inside a container in the fridge, you get a piece of very rubbery and hard cheese that is not great to be eaten that way (although many do, as beer appetizers and whatnot. But if you grind it and mix it with the right type of dough, you get the authentic delicious Brazilian cheesebread (pão de queijo) formula.

• Thrilling
Reactions: cw_

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

What a beauty of a meltdown. A gringo quesadilla if you will.

It's true that Northern Mexico is dominated by the flour tortilla. It is also true that Central and Southern Mexico are dominated by the corn tortilla.

What is also true, is that the north is sparsely populated as compared to the south. More Mexicans use corn tortillas than flour.

As for cheese, most Mexican cheese is white...Oaxaca, Panela, Cotija, Fresco, Añejo, Requeson, Asadero.

Manchengo, Enchilado (covered in paprika) and Chihuahua are yellow.

Personally, I prefer corn tortillas with several foods, quesadillas, with chorizo and egg, and menudo. Flour tortillas just aren't right with those for my palate.

Last edited:

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
LOL it's great stuff

It's good on sandwiches, hot or cold, great in salads, if you pair it with guava paste, it makes a great dessert, we call it Romeo and Juliet here.

Have you ever tried picking a good chunk, sticking it on a fork and roast over the stove flame?

Honestly, the only way I have ever eaten it is in a warm corn tortilla the way I initially described.

Romeo & Juliette sounds delish! I’m gonna have to try it the next time I grab a small wheel of it from the Mexican market.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
What a beauty of a meltdown. A gringo quesadilla if you will.

It's true that Northern Mexico is dominated by the flour tortilla. It is also true that Central and Southern Mexico are dominated by the corn tortilla.

What is also true, is that the north is sparsely populated as compared to the south. More Mexicans use corn tortillas than flour.

As for cheese, most Mexican cheese is white...Oaxaca, Panela, Cotija, Fresco, Añejo, Requeson, Asadero.

Manchengo, Enchilado (covered in paprika) and Chihuahua are yellow.

Personally, I prefer corn tortillas with several foods, quesadillas, with chorizo and egg, and menudo. Flour tortillas just aren't right with those for my palate.

he melts better than any of these cheeses :Crazy: