The Mattress Thread - Your Thoughts on Sleep Systems

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned
I have become dissatisfied with my current mattress and topper.
. I find memory foam to be a bit smelly, and who knows what's going on there since it is synthetic.
So I am looking for natural materials that will have overall good sleep promoting qualities while not breaking the bank.

.So far in my search, I like the WinkBed EcoCloud. It's made with natural latex and cotton and I think some wool. It does not trap heat, it is zoned so the shoulder region is a bit softer which is great for a slim, ancient, side sleeper like me, and
..it is springy and therefore good for sex. Thaaaat's right, bite your fingers, detractors (and opportunity trolls), or be assboxed.
Probably comes in at about 1500$ with a 2 month trial period.

Last edited:

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️
. I find memory foam to be a bit smelly, and who knows what's going on there since it is synthetic.
So I am looking for natural materials that will have overall good sleep promoting qualities while not breaking the bank.

.So far in my search, I like the WinkBed EcoCloud. It's made with natural latex and cotton and I think some wool. It does not trap heat, it is zoned so the shoulder region is a bit softer which is great for a slim, ancient, side sleeper like me, and
..it is springy and therefore good for sex. Thaaaat's right, bite your fingers, detractors (and opportunity trolls), or be assboxed.
I've not heard of that brand, but I have known of latex mattresses for years, and people that have them love them(as long as it'd good latex, and not some knock off)

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️
I was getting nervous not seeing any pricing, but $1300 for the wink bed in queen (after the 300 discount) is not that bad of a price, in todays bed market. I paid more than that for a Beauty Rest about 20 years ago.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Have to be honest here... I can sleep anywhere... but I sleep best on the earth. Doesn't matter how much comfort from a nice bed..... my sleep on hard earth beats it.

I do like a blanket or mat thrown down but it's not critical.

Must be something with my body's form and the earth's.

OP
OP
1Holliday1

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned

Have to be honest here... I can sleep anywhere... but I sleep best on the earth. Doesn't matter how much comfort from a nice bed..... my sleep on hard earth beats it.

You may have inspired me to get out to the woodsiz.
. A bit-o-hammock camping may be just the thing.

sweet tea

those who fear, are lost
Site Supporter
Sleep is a state of mind.
One would sleep on a cement slab if they must. A cardboard box, the mud, beach sand, a park bench. Time of day doesn't matter, nor does the season.
Sleeping bag, trash bag and news print... next to a burning barrel or trembling in the cold. A warm harth and proper bed makes no difference. Those in the coziest of places often sleep chasing that sleep.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

You may have inspired me to get out to the woodsiz.
. A bit-o-hammock camping may be just the thing.

I hammock camp when there's trees, but don't get me wrong here... if it's dry, I prefer to sleep on hard ground.

I'll always wake up early and energised... feeling fighting fit. I know that sounds strange but that's just how my body works...

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
One would sleep on a cement slab if they must. A cardboard box, the mud, beach sand, a park bench. Time of day doesn't matter, nor does the season.
Sleeping bag, trash bag and news print... next to a burning barrel or trembling in the cold. A warm harth and proper bed makes no difference. Those in the coziest of places often sleep chasing that sleep.

That was beautiful... how you framed it...

sweet tea

those who fear, are lost
Site Supporter
^ That's a dev original, btw.

If you reprint that you must give me two hamburgers today for the one you done borrowed.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

If you reprint that you must give me two hamburgers today for the one you done borrowed.

Fuck... you just laid a Whimpie Burger reference AND a Crystal Gayle reference on the same page. I'm stunned and impressed...

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
OP
OP
1Holliday1

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned

Fuck... you just laid a Whimpie Burger reference AND a Crystal Gayle reference on the same page. I'm stunned and impressed...
You're welcome.

If you do an Air Supply and a moon-boot double post, I'm done...
Are you speaking of air supply mattresses?
..because .... thread subject.

sweet tea

those who fear, are lost
Site Supporter

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

You're welcome.

No....

sweet tea

those who fear, are lost
Site Supporter

You're welcome.

We've been on topic. Pay attention.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

You're welcome.

I do love Air Supply... js.

Me too.... and Player.... and Captain and T... and even Michael MacDonald on his solo career....

OP
OP
1Holliday1

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned

You're welcome.

We've been on topic.
....all the way up to Crystal Gayle

theeeeeen things ran a little wide.

I wouldn't want to see either of you nice boys assboxed.

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I’ve had allot of dogs in my life, in the end the vet says those dreaded words, the humain thing to do would be to let him/her go, if it’s humain for a dog, why not a person ?

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
I’ve had allot of dogs in my life, in the end the vet says those dreaded words, the humain thing to do would be to let him/her go, if it’s humain for a dog, why not a person ?

It's only humane to put down lefties. It's in the Bible, Koran, Tora, and the non approved history books after curriculum circled the wagons and shot dildos and penile darts into everyone's britches....

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It's only humane to put down lefties. It's in the Bible, Koran, Tora, and the non approved history books after curriculum circled the wagons and shot dildos and penile darts into everyone's britches....
Oh I see, thanks for clearing that up for me..

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️
Yikes! A Spotify playlist from the future invades our sleep!!

eFDvJuB.gif