Things I want to do or see before I die that probably won't happen

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I'd go to Egypt to see the digs.

Fascinating stuff. Too bad it's a place of cut throats.

I think the men see blonde women as a prize to be devoured in those places:

Blondes can be sexy but most of them aren't to me... give me a dark or light haired brunette any day... or even a carrot top....

I've often found there is a lightness in personality about blonde girls/woman. Not dumb, but relaxed/relaxing. A nice disposition Like they trust me or something. Comely.

Maybe because they see a reflection of themselves in the mirror every morning & their outlook on the world isn't so intense. So they're more optimistic. Confident.

I've often found Black woman aren't so self confident. Even when they are friendly they don't look at you in the eye. Could be the way theyve been treated too. So they seem fearful much of the time. I've heard them say they have at some point in their lives been the targets of racial or physical attacks. Even in our country which is relatively egalitarian & slightly less racist than the States.

Last edited:

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
For me, once I had a few ativans there for emergency panick attacks.....I didnt have panick attacks anymore.

Like Dumbos magic feather. They work so well just having them available is enough. I have had the same 4 ativans stashed for the past 3 years. Havent needed them.

Having something you know will work in case it happens really squashes a lot of anxiety.

That's what my ex says, too.

Just knowing they're there within reach, she says, is like a security blanket.

She hasn't taken any in forever.

Apparently, she's even laid off the alcohol (I wish this had happened while we were still together; her incipient alcoholism is the main reason I got the hell out of Dodge some eight years into our relationship).

Yep. Alcohol never once helped my anxiety. Sometimes it would actually spike it. But I've heard many alcoholics say they found so much relief from alcohol so that's where the problems started.

It's sad. There really is nothing worse than chronic anxiety/panick disorders.

Kinda funny but my only real fear is fear itself. You can handle ANYTHING....its fear that breaks people.

Like my fear of death. It's not death I'm afraid of....its the fear of death I'm afraid of.

Dude that makes no sense when I try to type it out :LOL3: you are either gonna pick up what I'm laying down or think I just left the orbit lol.

If you get it, you get it. If not....well that's the best I can do lol

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I'd go to Egypt to see the digs.

Fascinating stuff. Too bad it's a place of cut throats.

I think the men see blonde women as a prize to be devoured in those places:

Blondes can be sexy but most of them aren't to me... give me a dark or light haired brunette any day... or even a carrot top....

I've often found there is a lightNess in personality about blonde girls/woman. Not dumb, but relaxed/relaxing. Like they trust me or something.

Maybe because they see a reflection of themselves in the mirror every morning & their outlook on the world isn't so intense. So they're more optimistic. Confident.

Us burnettes ARE pretty heavy and intense. Only the strong can take us.

You dont have much to worry about with us unless it's the full moon or our annual night to feed.

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
Dude that makes no sense when I try to type it out :LOL3: you are either gonna pick up what I'm laying down or think I just left the orbit lol.

Why not both? :Happy5:

Fear of dying is as old as the hills.

It plays a central role in fear of flying.

Thing is, statistically, you have a much greater chance of dying in a car crash than you do in a plane crash.

People are so wonderfully irrational, sometimes. Call me bemused.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
For me, once I had a few ativans there for emergency panick attacks.....I didnt have panick attacks anymore.

Like Dumbos magic feather. They work so well just having them available is enough. I have had the same 4 ativans stashed for the past 3 years. Havent needed them.

Having something you know will work in case it happens really squashes a lot of anxiety.

Apparently, she's even laid off the alcohol (I wish this had happened while we were still together; her incipient alcoholism is the main reason I got the hell out of Dodge some eight years into our relationship).

Yep. Alcohol never once helped my anxiety. Sometimes it would actually spike it. But I've heard many alcoholics say they found so much relief from alcohol so that's where the problems started.

Kinda funny but my only real fear is fear itself. You can handle ANYTHING....its fear that breaks people.

Like my fear of death. It's not death I'm afraid of....its the fear of death I'm afraid of.

Sometimes alcohol is good.

Has to be pure & without sugar tho.

Otherwise ya end up feeling dehydrated or with a hangover.

Too much is definitely no good. Even alcoholics I've known look & feel like a mess a mess the day after & have told me so.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Us burnettes ARE pretty heavy and intense. Only the strong can take us.

You dont have much to worry about with us unless it's the full moon or our annual night to feed.

:-)

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Thing is, statistically, you have a much greater chance of dying in a car crash than you do in a plane crash.

What it is for me at the root is a fear of not being in control. Being in overwhelming circumstances beyond my control in a manner I'm very aware of. It comes from a few traumatic events.

The first being when my mother(who was an alcoholic and in and out through my whole childhood..I was grandma's baby) took me to this kids pizza place called Major Magic.

And back then, in the 80s....there was a smoking room where beer was served.

So my mother handed me tokens, and plopped me in this ride thing that went in a circle like a mini ferris wheel. I was about 4...and yeah I remember this. Only because it was awful though. So the ride stops while I'm at the top. It wasnt crazy high....but you could see the top of peoples heads and to a 4 year old it was akin to being on a sky rise lol.

So while I'm stuck up there with no way to even use the tokens to start the damn thing again, my mom is off in the fucking bar area. I sat in that thing crying for like 40 minutes. 40. Minutes. Until some random mom noticed I had been up there for a while and that i was crying.

Doesnt sound like a traumatic event but it was for me. The whole idea of being up high and trapped and not being able to do anything about it strikes a lot of anxiety in me. I also experienced an assault ten years after that. So my whole disordered anxiety has to do with whether or not I can easily survive a circumstance. The whole helpless thing is what gets my blood running cold and my system thrown into fight/flight.

And i really am more afraid of being afraid than i am of dying. I think a lot of people with ptsd or other anxiety disorders think the same and that's why we see so many of them commit suicide. You get so sick and tired of the nonstop anxiety and you are desperate for peace.

CBT has done wonders, way more than any meds. I do have my emergency benzos....but yeah that placebo impact of having them is wonderful. Anxiety is so far from my mind now....its a rare thing.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Sometimes alcohol is good.

Has to be pure & without sugar tho.

Otherwise ya end up feeling dehydrated or with a hangover.

Too much is definitely no good. Even alcoholics I've known look & feel like a mess a mess the day after & have told me so.

I think alcohol is a more dangerous drug than heroin.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I remember in High School I had a crush on this 18 yeat old girl who was Ethiopian. Her name was Stel. She had this big afro like Angela Davis but fine facial features like a White person. She was about 5'2". Small lips, narrow nose and large round eyes. So I found her quite pretty & wanted to date her. But then she told me she was already engaged back home & came from a very traditional society & family. And they expected her to get married when she went back home. world was different back then & mixed couples or racial intermixes were far less common.

I imagine Stel's life changed significantly when she returned home as Ethiopia was racked with famine, Civil War, the country broke up & their last King was overthrown. I wonder what happeed to her or if she's even still alive. If she managed to survive all that turmoil.

Last edited:

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
Dove

[/QUOTE]

I heard there is nothing worse than a paper cut and the dummy who said that never got chop up by a machete - - -- - - - -

Lily of Denial

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I stopped fearing death when I stopped to analyze it rationally and remembered that so far, no one has gotten alive. Then it's sort of "yeah, it's going to happen".

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I stopped fearing death when I stopped to analyze it rationally and remembered that so far, no one has gotten alive. Then it's sort of "yeah, it's going to happen".

Depends how you die tho.

I almost died a violent death at least 3 times.

There's ways to die & there ain't.

As a Mexican Guy once told me, "Don't die on your knees...die standing up!"

Lily of Denial

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

It's because there are a lot of bad reckless drivers. Overwhelmingly young men like that football player who killed a young woman in the US.

An Uber driver almost ran me over when I was crossing an intersection on a quiet street. A day Yhttps://youtu.be/RhdfiSApP2keah the roads are meaner & more dangerous now. Too many spoiled brats on the road now.

Depends how you die tho.

I almost died a violent death at least 3 times.

There's ways to die & there ain't.

As a Mexican Guy once told me, "Don't die on your knees...die standing up!"

I wasn't contemplating the way I would die. I do prefer a non-violent death.

Admin.

"Brother, can you spare a dime?" Trump
Site Supporter ☠️
Wakeboarding behind something like a Destroyer would be quite a ride.

main-qimg-c16085b0b2e3407548c2dd4fd6510ad1

Combat Wakeboarding.

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
I think most people are not worry about kicking the bucket but more worried about the way they will die,like getting ran over and laying in the street and bleeding out or shot by some crazy husband etc - - - - - -

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I think most people are not worry about kicking the bucket but more worried about the way they will die,like getting ran over and laying in the street and bleeding out or shot by some crazy husband etc - - - - - -

You must have witnessed some people dying horrible violent deaths as a soldier in Vietnam.