Who benefits from a $1 billion prison?

Admin.

The Flying Fickle Finger Of Fate.
Site Supporter ☠️
Slavery is good for the bottom line. Slavery is a great benefit to the enslaved, they learn obedience.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Generally, I'm not opposed to humane conditions being provided to those incarcerated. Better physical and mental health services and living conditions.

However, it seems that again we're focusing on punishment and not on preventing crime. Why address poverty, the War on Drug and addiction, when we can just lock them away? :OhGawd:

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Generally, I'm not opposed to humane conditions being provided to those incarcerated. Better physical and mental health services and living conditions.

However, it seems that again we're focusing on punishment and not on preventing crime. Why address poverty, the War on Drug and addiction, when we can just lock them away? :OhGawd:
The prison industrial complex is a huge cash cow for private prison conglomerates.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I agree. It wasn't clear to me in the article that these were private prisons. Maybe I missed it.
I am sure if they're spending a billion bucks a pop, there's lots of private investing going on there. Or at least the privateers will be reaping profits.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
When are they going to wake up and realize their way isn’t working. This money should be going into our children. Not the broken adults this system is churning out by the gazillions.