You think?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

I'm still pissed off that the state tried to interfer with doctors and patients and ban this from off label use.

Purely playing politics with peoples lives and no accountability.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
My son-in-law has prescribed it.

Whitler threatened every hospital in MI and said every doctor who used it for Covid would be penalized.

She went back on that.....but it was infuriating.

I fucking hate her.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I'm still pissed off that the state tried to interfer with doctors and patients and ban this from off label use.

Yeah, I've noticed how the pharmaceutical companies are pushing these vaccines, because of course, they're expen$ive & they make money.

But anything which could ist cost effective & could provide at least some temporarily relief is immediately dismissed.

In the same story in just abut anything.

If it doesn't make any money, they don't wanna look at it & it's not considered viable.

But given that COVID vaccines haven't been proven to be 100% reliable nor suitable for some patients, they should be looking at alternative treatments.

Scrawny The Ghost

Interdimensional UltraMegaRich Luxury BLTQ+ Banker
I would say just make it yourself but I don't think my shake and bake lab is big enough for this

bsWTk9a.png

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Yeah, I've noticed how the pharmaceutical companies are pushing these vaccines, because of course, they're expen$ive & they make money.

But anything which could ist cost effective & could provide at least some temporarily relief is immediately dismissed.

If it doesn't make any money, they don't wanna look at it & it's not considered viable.

But given that COVID vaccines haven't been proven to be 100% reliable nor suitable for some patients, they should be looking at alternative treatments.

There was a study from 2005 that showed chloroquine improved the outcomes in SARS patients.

So it's not as if there was nothing to go on.

Then when permission was given to try it for Covid patients, only the sickest qualified EVEN though the science had suggested that it's best used as soon as possible.

As we are seeing.

It doesnt matter if the patients given the meds would have gotten better anyway or not.....it should have been a choice left between doctors and patients until we have enough research to know.

This is why I hate government interference in medical care. It really prevents doctors from being doctors and practicing medicine.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

There was a study from 2005 that showed chloroquine improved the outcomes in SARS patients.

Then when permission was given to try it for Covid patients, only the sickest qualified EVEN though the science had suggested that it's best used as soon as possible.

As we are seeing.

It doesnt matter if the patients given the meds would have gotten better anyway or not.....it should have been a choice left between doctors and patients until we have enough research to know.

This is why I hate government interference in medical care. It really prevents doctors from being doctors and practicing medicine.

Another issue is whether pharmaceutical companies and governments are suppressing information that other vaccines may be effective in combatting COVID.

if you do a google search, there are a number of studies being conducted on whether some conventional vaccines may protect a person against COVID. But this information is not readily available or disseminated to the public.

The only information we seem to be provided with is when our Pfizer or Moderna vaccines may be coming

But the authorities don't tell you in the meantime what can be done to protect the typical person.

ie - The Doctor told me that pneummonia shots can provide some measure of protection against COVID as well as the daily consumption of Vitamin D. And yet, I haven't heard these remedies promotoed that much in the news.

it's just the same old party line - Stand in ilne and wait for your turn to get a vaccine which is not necessarily 100% effective.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

As we are seeing.

Another issue is whether pharmaceutical companies and governments are suppressing information that other vaccines may be effective in combatting COVID.

if you do a google search, there are a number of studies being conducted on whether some conventional vaccines may protect a person against COVID. But this information is not readily available or disseminated to the public.

The only information we seem to be provided with is when our Pfizer or Moderna vaccines may be coming

But the authorities don't tell you in the meantime what can be done to protect the typical person.

ie - The Doctor told me that pneummonia shots can provide some measure of protection against COVID as well as the daily consumption of Vitamin D. And yet, I haven't heard these remedies promotoed that much in the news.

it's just the same old party line - Stand in ilne and wait for your turn to get a vaccine which is not necessarily 100% effective.

You really have to think critically sometimes because these answers are very simple.

One of the biggest killers coming with Covid is....pneumonia. So it makes sense to get the pneumonia shot.

And the Vit D.....any sort of D deficiency can cause issues for you.

I added zinc to my regular vitamins....I take D anyway because Michigan can get very dreary.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

As we are seeing.

You really have to think critically sometimes because these answers are very simple.

One of the biggest killers coming with Covid is....pneumonia. So it makes sense to get the pneumonia shot.

I added zinc to my regular vitamins....I take D anyway because Michigan can get very dreary.

But you know Dove, the doctor told me he didn't think encephalitis or meningitis vaccines would be effective in combatting or preventing COVID and yet like pneumonia, traces of these diseases have been showing up in patients.

So, curiously it seems odd that pneumonia vaccine could offer limited protection & yet the others supposedly can't even tho these viruses have been recorded by medical practitioners as being present in their patients.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

As we are seeing.

But you know Dove, the doctor told me he didn't think encephalitis or meningitis vaccines would be effective in combatting or preventing COVID and yet like pneumonia, traces of these diseases have been showing up in patients.

So, curiously it seems odd that pneumonia vaccine could offer limited protection & yet the others supposedly can't even tho these viruses have been recorded by medical practitioners as being present in their patients.

It's not odd.....its just how different vaccines are made and what viruses/bacteria they protect against.

The viral pneumonia people are developing as a result of Covid is the viral pneumonia the vaccine helps you fight.

Not so much with the encephalitis....which is just a condition caused by something else.

Like....meningitis will cause swelling of the membranes in your brain(encephalitis). Chicken pox, measles...Covid, can also cause your brain to swell.

A meningitis vaccine will only prevent encephalitis caused by meningitis. Chicken pox shots will prevent encephalitis caused by pox. A Covid vaccine SHOULD prevent encephalitis caused by Covid.

Encephalitis isnt a virus or bacteria, it's a condition that can be caused by a ton of things. So a meningitis shot wont help you if your swelling is from Covid.

Make sense?

Are you still having anxiety about Covid? Yanno you are making really good choices and the measures you've taken really will help you out if you get exposed. People are not just dropping dead en masse like its hyped up to be.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

As we are seeing.

It's not odd.....its just how different vaccines are made and what viruses/bacteria they protect against.

The viral pneumonia people are developing as a result of Covid is the viral pneumonia the vaccine helps you fight.

Not so much with the encephalitis....which is just a condition caused by something else.

Like....meningitis will cause swelling of the membranes in your brain(encephalitis). Chicken pox, measles...Covid, can also cause your brain to swell.

A meningitis vaccine will only prevent encephalitis caused by meningitis. Chicken pox shots will prevent encephalitis caused by pox. A Covid vaccine SHOULD prevent encephalitis caused by Covid.

Encephalitis isnt a virus or bacteria, it's a condition that can be caused by a ton of things. So a meningitis shot wont help you if your swelling is from Covid.

Make sense?

Are you still having anxiety about Covid? Yanno you are making really good choices and the measures you've taken really will help you out if you get exposed. People are not just dropping dead en masse like its hyped up to be.

So...are you hinting that a vaccine which prevents chickenpox could be/has the potential to be effective against COVID-19 as well?

I heard/read that Shingles is just a revived version of Chicken pox, but in adults.

I got Shingles vaccine last year too. But that wasn't because of COVID, just someone in my family got it so a bunch of us got vaccinated.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

As we are seeing.

Make sense?

So...are you hinting that a vaccine which prevents chickenpox could be/has the potential to be effective against COVID-19 as well?

I got Shingles vaccine last year too. But that wasn't because of COVID, just someone in my family got it so a bunch of us got vaccinated.

Oh Gawd no. No no no....that's not at all what I was saying.

I was trying to explain why a pneumonia shot will help with the viral pneumonia caused by Covid but a meningitis shot wont protect from encephalitis from Covid.

The only thing that will protect your from any encephalitis caused by Covid is gonna be the Covid shot.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

As we are seeing.

Make sense?

I was trying to explain why a pneumonia shot will help with the viral pneumonia caused by Covid but a meningitis shot wont protect from encephalitis from Covid.

The only thing that will protect your from any encephalitis caused by Covid is gonna be the Covid shot.

thx.

Anyways, I'm gittin' so many vaccinations these days thinkin' one will cover the other. lol.

Had MMR and Hepatitis B shots a couple of years back too.

Some think MMR vaccine may offer some protection.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

As we are seeing.

Make sense?

thx.

Anyways, I'm gittin' so many vaccinations these days thinkin' one will cover the other. lol.

Had MMR and Hepatitis B shots a couple of years back too.

Some think MMR vaccine may offer some protection.

It definitely doesnt hurt to be up to date on vaccines.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
And yes shingles are caused by the same virus that causes chicken pox.

If you caught chicken pox naturally, you will always have it. So you can flare up with shingles.