Your Environment

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
once the battery tech improves

Holy shit! We did not even get into the lithium mining that is scarring the Earth and burning tonnes of fossil fules (and promoting slave labour).

the carbon footprint of my recycled solar panels and the windfarm to that of fossil fuel usage

Yeah, there is a lot of fossil fuel usage to produce the solar panels. Then the shipping, installation, etc.

I wonder if you will ever break even.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
And the turbines used to generate the power have to be manufactured and have a shelf life.

You were saying?

I have this fool arguing against hydroelectricity.

One of the cleanest forms of electricity production known to man.

This is about virtue signalling, not about concern for the environment.

No more needs to be said.

The Scoundrel

Total Twat
Yeah, there is a lot of fossil fuel usage to produce the solar panels.

And if you stop driving your 5 litre chunker 1 block to the shops there may just be enough fossil fuels left to research and manufacture the elements of clean fuel, hydro included. Or maybe you want to htich a ride with Elon Musk in case of limitless supplies of Uranium to build super safe, never ending nucllear reactors?

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
IMG-1107-1639442120933.jpg

The Scoundrel

Total Twat
5.7 litre

On several waiting lists for a car with a 6.2 litre engine. So that may change soon.

What part of the car does the dam power?

I can't wait till all you guys have to replace those engines with batteries.

Oh the humanity :Excited5:

As the batteries aren't the best yet (or weren't 10 years ago) I forewent a Tesla and installed the system on a couple of VW Beetles. Great for zipping round the local vicinity. Accelerates like a motherfucker.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
electric car batteries cost $7-12,000 to replace.....

This world has gone nuts and it's media driven by lunatics pushing an agenda.

Driven by fossil fuels, manufactured by fossil fuels, so that small areas of hydroelectric power dams along tiny rivers can supply basic needs in a limited capacity, or use fossil/precious metals to mine metals for solar/wind... (or a coal or natural gas fired plant supplying to these really expensive clean energy options that aren't clean or options)

Energy isn't free.

The Scoundrel

Total Twat
Is anybody going to argue that living with solar and wind power whilst driving electric has even the slightest similar carbon footprint to having a coal fired power station and driving a deisel motor?

DDT

Factory Bastard
Solar and wind power doesn't work in Canada. Luckily we have some Hydro-Electric in regions where they can work. Nuclear would be the best (CANDU reactors have an excellent track record), but the lefties want No Nukes!

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Ooo, I just got away with posting 3 pictures... see if I can get in more... This is Kurt standing by monsters....maybe 150 years old, so really youngins...lol

I'll be so pissed off if this doesn't work. If it doesn't work, just click the links!~

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

no one has said one thing about these trees....:Pissed5:

The Scoundrel

Total Twat
Solar and wind power doesn't work in Canada. Luckily we have some Hydro-Electric in regions where they can work. Nuclear would be the best (CANDU reactors have an excellent track record), but the lefties want No Nukes!

I don't get why solar and wind won't work? Solar works here and we have 7-8 hours of grey daylight per day for nearly half the year and Summer isn't much to look at whereas whilst my locality to a windy shoreline makes wind ideal for me personally I think it's just a case of using a mix and match of whatever suits your circumstances the best. Storage is the biggest issue facing renewables at the moment.

The problem with nuclear is that one small mistake can have such dire consequences. When Chernobyl went off we couldn't eat Welsh Lamb for a year and that wasn't even a major meltdown and thousands of miles away. If it was 100% safe then it's the best and easiest method we currently have at our disposal but nothing is 100% and just one disaster would undo such a high proportion of the good being done.

DDT

Factory Bastard
I don't get why solar and wind won't work? Solar works here and we have 7-8 hours of grey daylight per day for nearly half the year and Summer isn't much to look at whereas whilst my locality to a windy shoreline makes wind ideal for me personally I think it's just a case of using a mix and match of whatever suits your circumstances the best. Storage is the biggest issue facing renewables at the moment.

The problem with nuclear is that one small mistake can have such dire consequences. When Chernobyl went off we couldn't eat Welsh Lamb for a year and that wasn't even a major meltdown and thousands of miles away. If it was 100% safe then it's the best and easiest method we currently have at our disposal but nothing is 100% and just one disaster would undo such a high proportion of the good being done.
Solar won't work in the Winter, since we don't have enough sun. There are regions here that aren't very sunny, even during the day.

Wind doesn't work, since much of Canada isn't windy enough to power the props.

Nuclear is absolutely safe, provided proper protocols are utilized. Chernobyl was caused by human error (partly due to the Soviet Russian regime at that time). Chernobyl didn't have to happen, but certain humans in charge essentially forced it into a state of meltdown.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

28085538-8294057-image-a-24_1588795731941.jpg

The Scoundrel

Total Twat
Solar won't work in the Winter, since we don't have enough sun. There are regions here that aren't very sunny, even during the day.

Wind doesn't work, since much of Canada isn't windy enough to power the props.

Nuclear is absolutely safe, provided proper protocols are utilized. Chernobyl was caused by human error (partly due to the Soviet Russian regime at that time). Chernobyl didn't have to happen, but certain humans in charge essentially forced it into a state of meltdown.

Not wishing to labour the point cos, as I say, it's about mixing up what you have best access to but nearly all of Canada has longer daytime hours in the Winter than the UK and you don't need sunshine just daylight with the needs per KWh being reduced all the time.

As to nuclear you're unfortunately wrong there in saying that it's 'absolutely' safe as nothing can be 100% be it human error or otherwise and what is an almost perfect solution falls on it's sword here. The waste issue has yet to be answered too.

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
once the battery tech improves

Holy shit! We did not even get into the lithium mining that is scarring the Earth and burning tonnes of fossil fules (and promoting slave labour).

the carbon footprint of my recycled solar panels and the windfarm to that of fossil fuel usage

Yeah, there is a lot of fossil fuel usage to produce the solar panels. Then the shipping, installation, etc.

I wonder if you will ever break even.

Prowler.... Western Australia will be supplying the globe with lithium...