140 year old pair of Levi's

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️
From late grade school until well into adulthood, I always had at least one pair of good old 501's in my closet. I have one very old threadbare pair now that are almost unwearable, but I just haven't tossed them yet.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I think they were found in a mine, but I'm not sure how long ago.

I wonder if anyone is willing to pay more. It's the only reason to really buy them, imo.
only narcissists buy that stuff

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️
only narcissists buy that stuff
There are some very wealthy people that have more money than they know what to do with, so they collect expensive stuff. A old Friend of mine told me about his boss's watch collection, the guy lives in a Penthouse with a doorman and wired in security, the door to his unit is steel reinforced "blast proof" and the door to his Watch room is similar to a bank vault, the Watch room is "wall papered" with leather, he has hundreds of watches on display, each one worth more than most people make in a year.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
There are some very wealthy people that have more money than they know what to do with, so they collect expensive stuff. A old Friend of mine told me about his boss's watch collection, the guy lives in a Penthouse with a doorman and wired in security, the door to his unit is steel reinforced "blast proof" and the door to his Watch room is similar to a bank vault, the Watch room is "wall papered" with leather, he has hundreds of watches on display, each one worth more than most people make in a year.

The problem for most rich people they fill that void with "things" you can't take with you, well I suppose you can, but you don't need things where you're going...

DDT

Factory Bastard
Fun fact: These original jeans were called selvedge denim and are made on a machine called a shuttle loom. They are considered a higher quality manufacturing style.

In the 1940's and 1950's, when American jean manufacturers were struggling to keep up with supply, they went to a quicker and cheaper projectile loom method of manufacture.

Most of the shuttle looms were sold to Japan, and to this day Japan is one of the few places left that has the ability to produce selvedge denim jeans on those 100+ year old shuttle looms.

And they do. Levi's has a line that's made in Japan using the old methods and machines.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
From late grade school until well into adulthood, I always had at least one pair of good old 501's in my closet. I have one very old threadbare pair now that are almost unwearable, but I just haven't tossed them yet.

Sophomore year = Silver tabs extra baggy purchased in the men’s section with a bodysuit, flannel and some Doc Martin boots was all I wore way back in my day :CooL: