Any 2001: A Space Odyssey fans?

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
A team of field biologists counting sheep discovered a strange black monolith in a canyon in Utah. (REUTERS)

“That’s been about the strangest thing that I’ve come across out there in all my years of flying,” he told the broadcaster.

Mr Hutchings said a biologist counting bighorn sheep in the helicopter was the first one to spot the structure.

“He was like, ‘Whoa, whoa, whoa, turn around, turn around!’ And I was like, ‘What?’ And he’s like, ‘There’s this thing back there – we’ve got to go look at it!’” Mr Hutchings said.

He noted the object's similarity to the iconic evolutionary monolith featured in a famous Stanley Kubrick film.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Jake

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I saw a photo this morning, maybe fake news, showing the monolith as being silver rather than black. The plot thickens.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
I saw a photo this morning, maybe fake news, showing the monolith as being silver rather than black. The plot thickens.

Changing light could probably do that, given that it's metal.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
some eccentric artist put it there

That's probably true, but apparently no one knows yet. Thanks for the vid, though.

If it does cause people to evolve, I hope lots o' Trumpers head on out there.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
if i was an artist thats where i would put it, cool little canyon with a path for visitors not 2 mention the truck that delivered it

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Heres a cool 2001 fact, the computer HAL, if you go up one letter, its IBM!