Ask The Next Poster A Question ?

Damaged Maven

A little older and a little stupider than most.
Site Supporter
Sorta...
It was hurricane Bob, and I was the "engineer" on the Gwen Lyn, a work boat owned by D & B boat rentals out of Abbyville, LA. We pulled into our dock at Intracoastal City carrying a load of offshore workers we were evacuating because of the hurricane. The port Captain ordered us to head back out to evacuate more workers, so away we went. The hurricane wasn't so bad, but it was getting worse. We went through the locks, entered the Gulf, and that's when the shit hit the fan. We were in a hurricane.

We were loaded with water, almost submerged on the rear decks. I asked the captain if he wanted me to pump water out to raise us up, higher on the water, but the cap said no - we would bob around too much. Long story short, the cap opted to tie up to a wellhead and ride the storm out. Because he was a wuss boat driver, he set us tied up stern first instead of bow first. The incoming waves overwhelmed the scuppers and the waves entered the engine room vent ports, which should have been sealed. They weren't sealed because I was never told to do that, which I should have been told to do, but our Captain was a maroon and we weren't trained worth a shit.

As the boat was going down, I ran downstairs and made a MayDay call. That's a weird feeling, making a MayDay call. "MAYDAY! MAYDAY! GWEN LYN GOING DOWN IN THE 26 FIELD! MAYDAY! MAYDAY! MAYDAY!!! Plus, I was in the depths of the sinking boat. I was really not wanting to see water pouring down through the hatch. I escaped with seconds to spare.

A sister ship heard my call, as they were moored correctly and they came to our aid.

I remember being in the water, with all this shit that was on the loading deck swirling all around me, any of which could have killed me in a heartbeat if it struck me. It was actually more peaceful when I was in the water, as opposed to fighting to stay on the boat.

At the Coast Guard hearing, the Captain was found to be completely at fault.

Ever surfed?
Hmm... as the engineer you should have secured integrity without being told... but I wasn't there.

I rode a dive boat off Catalina Island with a professional surfer named Mike, but never rode a wave.

Ever read the fine print on a Budweiser can through 40 feet of crystal pure water?

OP
OP
Swamp-Duck

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Pro choice.

If your country was invaded, would you run and be a refuge or join a gorilla group and fight to the death ?

OP
OP
Swamp-Duck

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I ain’t seen any of the latest season yet, I’m waiting till it ends and then just binge watch it all, seeing spoilers don’t bother me.

If you could play any movie character ?

Mr. Whipple

brilliantly insane
Site Supporter
John Holmes

have you ever eaten a Peanut butter and Fluffer nutter sandwich ?
56806677_565501077274140_5491287736393402121_n.jpg

Last edited:

Damaged Maven

Site Supporter
It's peanut butter and marshmallow whip on bread, but I think that was a play on being a fluffier for Big John.

Ever watched your child playing with her child and say "I'm so glad I made you?"

OP
OP
Swamp-Duck

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
No I just think your all here cos I got laid.

Do you think there will ever be a machine that washes drys irons and puts your clothes away ?

Damaged Maven

Site Supporter
Not for me, but if you find one you should marry her.

Ever see a dog lick his balls and think ""I wish I could do that?"

OP
OP
Swamp-Duck

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
No.

If you found a frog and it said it was really Prince Charming, would you kiss it or make loads of money from your talking frog ?

Vile_Vixen

Factory Bastard
Make loads of money.....duh :Grin3:

If you were asked to be an extra on a show you hate would you do it?

OP
OP
Swamp-Duck

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
If the price was right.

Do you think people who have transplants like the heart or whatever, can take on some of the doners personality?

Damaged Maven

Site Supporter
That's some stupid metaphysical shit right there. If you were gifted the setup to a joke would you bobble it?

Damaged Maven

Site Supporter
I may be nuts, but I join tthe other nuts who think that metaphysics is nuts.

Do you believe that races from an advanced civilization on another planet benevolently visited our primitive ancestors and sped our development into civilization as we know it today?

OP
OP
Swamp-Duck

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I may be nuts, but I join tthe other nuts who think that metaphysics is nuts.

Do you believe that races from an advanced civilization on another planet benevolently visited our primitive ancestors and sped our development into civilization as we know it today?

Yeah me and enki go way back.

If you could have anything to eat and drink right now ?

Damaged Maven

Site Supporter
Australian wagyu ribeye and a couple of fingers of Macallan scotch.

What would you have rolled into sushi?

OP
OP
Swamp-Duck

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Yuck, nothing, them places smell like unwashed minges.

Have you ever been asked to leave a restaurant cos of your behaviour?

Damaged Maven

Site Supporter
Iced tea, yes. I can drink coffee all day.

Ever meet someone new who grinds your teeth, but you wait to see if he'll prove worthy if you just give it time?

OP
OP
Swamp-Duck

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I find once I don’t like someone that’s it, and worthy of what ? Knowing me? My head is not that far up my own arse.

What achievement are you most proud of in your life ?

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
A private island not to far from the main land some place where it is warm most of the year- - - - - -

Would you buy a electric car if you can afford it ?

Damaged Maven

Site Supporter
A private island not to far from the main land some place where it is warm most of the year- - - - - -

Would you buy a electric car if you can afford it ?

As soon as one is made on a truck platform and generates 240 bhp, sure.

Would you leave your home and family for a secure life in a foreign land?