Book Recommendations

knife wielder

Factory Bastard
What books do you suggest or recommend that you have personally read, or are still reading? Non-fiction or fiction.

I'm currently reading 'Brain Droppings' by the late comedian George Carlin.

Ice

Cold as Ice
Site Supporter
I mostly only read the hunting/fishing regulations because I'm a redneck.lol

But the last book I read was kinda freaky in a supernatural kind of way..:Dazed:

Swan song..

ss_50_pb_zpspechiplt.jpg

OP
OP
knife wielder

knife wielder

Factory Bastard
Also currently reading this. It's quite good so far.

41804.jpg

"At eight years old, suddenly unable to find The Voice on the radio, J.R. turned in desperation to the bar on the corner, where he found a rousing chorus of new voices. The alphas along the bar--including J.R.'s Uncle Charlie, a Humphrey Bogart look-alike; Colt, a Yogi Bear sound-alike; and Joey D, a softhearted brawler--took J.R. to the beach, to ballgames, and ultimately into their circle. They taught J.R., tended him, and provided a kind of fathering-by-committee. Torn between the stirring example of his mother and the lurid romance of the bar, J.R. tried to forge a self somewhere in the center. But when it was time for J.R. to leave home, the bar became an increasingly seductive sanctuary, a place to return and regroup during his picaresque journeys. Time and again the bar offered shelter from failure, rejection, heartbreak--and eventually from reality."

Source:

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Most anything Stephen King, at least his old stuff. The Stand, IT, The Dark Tower Series, Needful Things, etc.

I just finished two of his I hadnt read before, and they were hard to put down, The Eyes of the Dragon, and Mr. Mercedes.

I also read Weaveworld by Clive Barker recently, that was a good read. I wanna read more of Barker's books now. I think I had read one long ago, and liked it, but hadnt read any since. Mostly cause I didnt start reading again until a few years ago.

If you're a fan of Lord of the Rings, they are a must read. Mostly cause things are different in the books, plus more stuff. If you're a BIG fan of LotRs, then also read The Silmarilion, as that is like the beginning of things, and follow up with Unfinished Tales, as it helps tie it all together. THEN read Hobbit and LotRs. You will become one with the Tolkienverse :ThumbsUp3:

One of the next ones I want to read is 1984.

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Has anyone here ever read Chariots of The Gods?

Yeah it was ages ago and everyone said the writer was a nut job, but I think allot more people are taking more notice of all that stuff now, when you watch ancient aliens some of it is a bit far fetched, but some of it is interesting.

OP
OP
knife wielder

knife wielder

Factory Bastard
I'd like to read this book.

"The sneering cops on the beat, the robotic federal agents, the condescending judges who dole out years of jail time for petty offenses, the narrow-minded teachers who do their best to snuff out creativity and resourcefulness - these are the liars and deceivers of American society who have fastened themselves to our necks like obscene vampires in search of an ongoing supply of free sustenance. They deserve to be exposed, ridiculed, and replaced - and Ned Beaumont has begun this process by providing this book."

9781893626393.jpg

THROB

Factory Bastard
reading brokeback mountain and just ordered Creatures of the Deep: its a new Pop-Up Book

Gyroscope

OmniPoster
Site Supporter
I also read Weaveworld by Clive Barker recently, that was a good read. I wanna read more of Barker's books now. I think I had read one long ago, and liked it, but hadnt read any since. Mostly cause I didnt start reading again until a few years ago.
Books of Blood, great short stories.
The Hellbound Heart was good but short, it was the basis for the Hellraiser movies.
Coldheart Canyon is a newer one, it’s okay, lots of weird ghost sex stuff. I only kinda remember the plot but the shit I do recall was wild.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
Books of Blood, great short stories.
The Hellbound Heart was good but short, it was the basis for the Hellraiser movies.
Coldheart Canyon is a newer one, it’s okay, lots of weird ghost sex stuff. I only kinda remember the plot but the shit I do recall was wild.
Only book I’ve read in years is Mien Kampff

SAWA

The Loner
I've been reading "[新世界より] From The New World", it's in japanese but good stuff.
Gives me headache and new perspective to look at things.

There's an unofficial translated one somewhere on the internet if you want to read it.