Boy Scouts will Accept Girls in Bid to Shape the Next Generation of Leaders

Sharona

white wine divorcee
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

YaYY!!!! i was super excited to join Girl Scouts as a kid and never paid attention to boy scouts nor did i want to be around boys. I was the only girl in the area (maybe fifty troupes) who had my sewing badge by week 2. And for that girl who wants to be a Boy Scout and whose parents can afford it and won't morally object to other discriminatory BSA policies.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
nFEyb7p.gif

Iggy McLulz

Fucking Delightful
Site Supporter ☠️
Just more feminizing of the next generation of boys. But, hey -- shit like this is a self-correcting problem.
It isn't about feminizing boys, it's about teaching them not rely on women in the way they have in past years. My husband would be one sad man the day he starts telling me to go make him a fucking sandwich because that's my job.

skinofevil

Undeniably Plausible
Site Supporter
Eh, debatable. Removing spaces for boys to form their own identity as boys arrests their social and emotional development. That space diminishing more and more over the generations is, IMO anyway, what has given rise to the 21st century man-child.

I do agree, though, that any man who can't get off his ass and make his own damn sammich -- and do it better than you anyway -- would be one sad bag of fail.

Gyroscope

OmniPoster
Site Supporter
Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts should be kept separate. A bunch of horny 12 year olds in the woods, what could go wrong?

I agree with Kilroy on the importance of boys and girls each having their own spaces.

Wouldn’t the easiest solution just be for the Girl Scouts to do more outdoor/survival shit? I guess that would probably cut into time better spent on enriching activities like selling cookies though.