Can you solve this???

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva
I remember trying to solve this in High School.

√-1 2³ Σ Π

No using Google. Show your work or it doesn't count.

Let's see if you guys are as smart as you all claim.

OP
OP
Flynn

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva
I can't remember what I had for breakfast, never mind math from when I was a teen.

Are you nuts?

I will give you credit for being the first honest poster to say they cannot remember how to solve the equation. At least you didn't try to B.S. your way through it like I thought the majority of the poster's would ultimately do.

Kudos to you, Lily!

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I will give you credit for being the first honest poster to say they cannot remember how to solve the equation. At least you didn't try to B.S. your way through it like I thought the majority of the poster's would ultimately do.

Kudos to you, Lily!

If someone goes over it with me...it clicks again and then it's like "oh yeeaaaaahhhh". It happened to me when I was taking a prereq biostats course when I was applying to grad school.

I screwed up on an exam. Professor was super cool, and uber sexy *rawr*, and he asked to talk to me after the first midterm. I went up and he said "show me how you calculated this". I showed him and he said...that's what I suspected.
I had completely forgotten some rules.

I got a C+ on midterm, and I aced the final a solid A...he said he wanted so badly to give me the A-, but mathematically I got a B+. I was cool with it.

eta: He was so cool...we were up at the whiteboard and he was working right next to me. Humble, didn't make me feel stupid. After I was done with the class, he gave me his card and said I could come work at his company, he'd consider giving me a job. He was only working as an adjunct because he got the teaching job.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Flynn

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva
If someone goes over it with me...it clicks again and then it's like "oh yeeaaaaahhhh". It happened to me when I was taking a prereq biostats course when I was applying to grad school.

I screwed up on an exam. Professor was super cool, and uber sexy *rawr*, and he asked to talk to me after the first midterm. I went up and he said "show me how you calculated this". I showed him and he said...that's what I suspected.
I had completely forgotten some rules.

I got a C+ on midterm, and I aced the final a solid A...he said he wanted so badly to give me the A-, but mathematically I got a B+. I was cool with it.

I'll go over it with you in a few days if no one answers correctly. Then you'll be like "oh wow! I get it now." As you know, the "rules/steps" are stringent in Algebra and Calculus. Miss one step/rule like you said and the whole equation is screwed.

Sounds like you did pretty good in the end and you had some eye candy to help you along. Lol.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I'll go over it with you in a few days if no one answers correctly. Then you'll be like "oh wow! I get it now." As you know, the "rules/steps" are stringent in Algebra and Calculus. Miss one step/rule like you said and the whole equation is screwed.

Sounds like you did pretty good in the end and you had some eye candy to help you along. Lol.

Believe it or not, he was Chinese-American. Dr. Young...whooo hoooo *sizzle*

It's funny, a couple years later I was in the grad level class and with a study group. One of the women says "Oh did you take Biostats 167 with Young or XXX"? (can't recall XXX's name) I answered "Young". Another woman says, "I had such a crush on him"...then all the women in the group, every single was said "me too" or "yeah, he was hot". Even the one lesbian in the group said she got a little crush too.

He was just sexy and so incredibly kind. You don't see that combo very often. The other professor who I can't recall was so jealous of him...lol

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
Asked to solve an equation, chats about feelings. lol

Hey, this is no dis, btw: I, too, would much rather chat about my feelings than solve equations.