Canadas Million Person March SEPT /22/ 2023

Gabbo

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Wow! So expensive.
It is Vancouver, everything is expensive. A ride on a public bus is $4, a pint of beer is $8, and an unrenovated 2000 sqft, 110-year-old house on a 33 x 125-foot lot will set you back around $2.2 million CDN. Oh well.....Somehow we make it work.

Gabbo

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Here are a few gems available: This one is a "newish' home built on the major truck route between the port and the highway:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

How about a fixer-uper?:

Both of these houses are on the wrong side of the city in gang-infested areas.

If you want to look on the nice side of the city there is this:

It is in decent part of the city.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
It is Vancouver, everything is expensive. A ride on a public bus is $4, a pint of beer is $8, and an unrenovated 2000 sqft, 110-year-old house on a 33 x 125-foot lot will set you back around $2.2 million CDN. Oh well.....Somehow we make it work.

I looked it up...bus fare in my city in Ontario is $3.75

A pint of beer is usually between $8 and $9

A meal like you described would be $20-$25 at a cheap restaurant.

Your real estate is higher, but not much else....

OP
OP
realgrimm

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator
Yes TTC here is 3.65 one way , transfer is good for 2hrs any bus to the outskirts of the east end even though part of the GTA (Greater Toronto Area ) requires another fare.. Food is crazy high prices but some businesses at the beginning laid out loyalty plans which locked in the prices like Pizza Pizza I still pay the same price since 2020 as long as I use the order again feature then I can add to it at same prices