Country Star Toby Keith Dead At 62

Admin.

All that glitters, is not gold.
Site Supporter ☠️
GettyImages-2258366-2.jpg

"America Fuck Yeah!...I wanna thank y'all for coming out tonight after the show and supporting America and all, hey if you buy one of my Signature Guitars, I'll sign it right now!, oh yeah I have them made inJapan, so you know they're good, God Bless America!"

pmcdtlawciugwju3ruc8.jpg

Takamine EF250TK

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Fucking cancer. :Pissed5: :Pissed5:

I love his music.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

I am not a fan of country music.
However, I admit the guy had an Edge about him that made watchable to even the non-country music fan.

In that regard, he did have talent if he could grab anyone's attention.

Kinda like the Bruce Springsteen of Country Music.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
However, I admit the guy had an Edge about him that made watchable to even the non-country music fan.

I wasn't much of a fan, but he did have a great voice, his later pandering jingoistic stuff does nothing for me.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I wasn't much of a fan, but he did have a great voice, his later pandering jingoistic stuff does nothing for me.
I respect those who served or who have served in the US armed forces.

Admittedly however, I'm not fond of some of the people who send them into unnecessary wars.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
Toby Keith never served in Uniform

GFrFAnXXwAAhTzL

Kris Kristofferson is bad ass mother fucker he was a US Army Ranger that volunteered for duty in Vietnam, Toby has the hypocracy to tell Kris to not go "Left wingy"

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️

Hi Joe :)

He was also a big supporter of the American military and involved with charities. He was a cool guy.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
I don't even know what that is. lol

Regardless of his political views the man could sing and was very charitable. Who cares what his political views were? It doesn't detract from his talent.
So what gives him the agency to badmouth a decorated veteran Kris’s Kristofferson’s politics?

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
So what gives him the agency to badmouth a decorated veteran Kris’s Kristofferson’s politics?
That doesn't matter to me. He was a man whose music I still enjoy listening to. It ends there with me.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
Character should matter to everyone.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
I see what you are saying Admin but I don't care if he was a cannibal, mobbed up or an assassin. His character has nothing to do with the songs he sang that I enjoy. His music is separate from all of that crap. What are you going to do, dislike every singer's catalogue because he offended someone else for whatever reason with his words? C'mon bro.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
That doesn't matter to me. He was a man whose music I still enjoy listening to. It ends there with me.
If he was on the 'Right', I don't think Toby Keith was any worse than some historical artistic figures from that political persuasion.

ie - Salvador Dali is regarded as the Founder of Surrealism and one of the great painters of the 20th Century. At the same time, he was an ardent fascist who supported Franco and Hitler. Dali also turned against his so called friends on the other side who were ruined or even imprisoned as a result. For this reason, I have no desire to buy anything which is associated with Dali because he was a fucking horrible man. Actually it'd have been nice if someone put a bullet through his head. Every time I see his work now, I loathe and detest it associating it with sheer ugliness of the soul.

ie - Walt Disney was borderline fascist who also reported his enemies for 'un-American activites' - meaning those he considered too liberal or on the Left. He also destroyed his one time friend, Ubi Ewerks, who is credited as being the creator of Mickey Mouse, which Disney Studios profited handsomely from.

Given those who came before him and were considered conservative or on the Right, I don't think Toby Keith was such a terrible person or character. Merely being on the right or expressing unpopular views does not make a person a monster. At least compared with others, he aint.

Keith was never one of my favorite recording artists but I give him his due - he had presence and talent.

Last edited:

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
We also lost Lemon and Spoon to cancer. I believe cancer took Frida as well.

I don't know if you remember Oddzymandias from ages ago. Conventional cancer treatment saved her life. She is over 5 years into remission and got to see her daughter finish growing up and graduate college.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
I worked with one of those skinny chain smoking drunks, who survived chemo and radiation...I saw him on his final day of chemo...I swear to god I had never seen a Walking Dead man, but that day it sure seemed like it. He gave up the beer and cigs started getting a little more exercise and looking good! He's running joke was a cracked rib saved his life, he went to his Dr. after slipping on his deck and slamming into his deck railing...ex rays showed the large mass in his lung.