Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Screenshot-20210628-172426-Photos.jpg

My house lol

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
You still have 5... It's too many...

They are lovely. I like the one on the chair.

Yeah. I agree. Those Turkish Van's my mother brought in (the white with orange spots). We had to get them fixed and everything. She was starting to kinda cat hoard when I came in.....so we have been getting a lot of cats fixed and given shots/wormer...everything. And getting them homed.

I adopted out 10 this month. It's been work and money! But yeah we are seeking homes for 3 of these guys. This camp ground has many strays and ferals so me and two other women here have been working on helping them. My mom meant to help....but she couldn't get vet care.

The tuxies are mine, as is the black and white guy on the chair. That is Tom, he is the best ♡ he actually has epilepsy and a heart murmur so he is staying with me.

It's been SO much work. But I actually love it.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
You need to find new homes Dove.... get that number down to 2 or 3 Dove...

I like cats and dogs, but 1 of either would be more than enough.

Cripes a dog is the equivalent of having 3 or 4 cats around! lol

Dog is Nice animals but they take as much attention and care as having a little baby around the house.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Dog is Nice animals but they take as much attention and care as having a little baby around the house.

Same plus birds and topical fish... but I want do a little travelling around my state and photograph ruins and interesting weather.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Once we have property we are getting a dog.

Maybe sooner because my mother could use a service dog......so we are having convos about that.

There is a REALLY good German Shepard place up north here. It breeds and raises Shepard's and trains them for pets, police dogs and service dogs.

I think it would benefit my mother greatly to have a service dog.

I tried to train service cats.....but cats are cats lol. Honestly my tuxedo Prudey knows when I start getting anxiety or other ptsd issues and she will come and purr on me, it's so sweet ♡

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Same plus birds and topical fish... but I want do a little travelling around my state and photograph ruins and interesting weather.

I used to keep birds. I would foster birds as well. Amazon Greens, Conures, I had a Congo grey for a while. I fostered a macaw.

And quackers and cockatiels.

A long time ago....in my early 20s.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Maybe sooner because my mother could use a service dog......so we are having convos about that.

There is a REALLY good German Shepard place up north here. It breeds and raises Shepard's and trains them for pets, police dogs and service dogs.

I tried to train service cats.....but cats are cats lol. Honestly my tuxedo Prudey knows when I start getting anxiety or other ptsd issues and she will come and purr on me, it's so sweet ♡

Big Dogs that have a reputation, are not afraid to fight and can bark are suitable for the Wild if there are wild animals around like Bears.

They may actually save your life.

That is the only time I would consider getting a Dog like that.

Sometimes they are suitable to have around depending on the situation.

German Shepards will warn you if there are Bears around.

That's what I noticed.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Big Dogs that have a reputation, are not afraid to fight and can bark are suitable for the Wild if there are wild animals around like Bears.

That's what I noticed.

Well.....people use them as service dogs because they train very well.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

That's what I noticed.

A German Sheppard is good for the Wild to keep you alive if necesssary

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

That's what I noticed.

A German Sheppard is good for the Wild to keep you alive if necesssary

Thats a bigger bonus!

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I used to keep birds. I would foster birds as well. Amazon Greens, Conures, I had a Congo grey for a while. I fostered a macaw.

And quackers and cockatiels.

A long time ago....in my early 20s.

Yes, I remember when you told me 10 years ago you liked birds and kept them.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I love dogs but they're high maintenance and they stink.

Don't get a big dog... get a lap dog for mother... Australian Silky Terriers or Jack Russel... something that size. Dogs are early warning detectors...even little ones.

You got to think 10 or more years ahead... how will your mother be 10-15 years from now?

Kurt was forever cleaning up dog shits and piss in his mothers place every time he went there to visit. People stopped going around to see her because her house STUNK of piss and she had 100s of mice breeding in it. She had a cleaning lady but didn't let her do very much. Old people are a pain in the neck and then some.