Does anyone have an honest review of Starfield? Xbox One X Console preferred.

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva
I really like Bethesda Games. So, it should be no surprise that I was looking forward to playing StarField, their ambitious new role playing game set in outer space. Of course I've read the IGN and Game Informer reviews but I'd like to read about it from someone here if at all possible. I know it's being released on Gamepass tomorrow but I was wondering if I should buy it and own it instead of letting my little ones play it on Gamepass. It's my hope that they can finish it first and then walk me through the game. My only problem with Bethesda games is that a new side mission seems to pop up every 5 steps I take...i.e...Fallout 4 and Dragon Age, my tykes love the side quests, I just want to finish the bloody game, meaning I only concentrate on the main plot missions.

Also, if anyone is familiar with Rage and Rage 2, I liked the vehicle schemes and the controls.

Any kind of input would be appreciated. Also, let me know if you think the $70 price tag is worth it.

Thanks!

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
You need your children to show you how to play an RPG?

Would that not ruin the immersion?

Why play an RPG if it is nothing more than a FPS to you?

Just wondering...

OP
OP
Flynn

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva
You need your children to show you how to play an RPG?

Would that not ruin the immersion?

Why play an RPG if it is nothing more than a FPS to you?

Just wondering...

Because I can't spend 70 hours playing a video game. I just don't have it in me and all those side quests just get in the way.

Not all RPG's are long. I finished Rage which was like 10 hours in like 4 weeks That to me is doable.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Flynn

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva
It sounds like a game like Starfield is not a good fit for you.

Probably not, but it took Bethesda 20 some years to make it and it has a huge galaxy to explore with planets in the hundreds you can explore. It's probably worth checking out at least.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
I'm playing the PC version and so far, I'm enjoying it a lot

I heard many are downvoting the Xbox version

To be honest, I can't see myself playing open world games with a controller and in SF's case, you have so many functions, it'd be a nightmare to play with a console controller.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Actually no. I could give you a review on the Dell crossword mag. I’m working on.

new_age

Factory Bastard
i think i'll wait until starfield is 75% off before i give my review. looking at the numbers starfield sold it looks like a lot of people are like me. imho the only thing saving starfield right now is microsoft gamepass.

OP
OP
Flynn

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva
I'm playing the PC version and so far, I'm enjoying it a lot

I heard many are downvoting the Xbox version

To be honest, I can't see myself playing open world games with a controller and in SF's case, you have so many functions, it'd be a nightmare to play with a console controller.

Me too. The open world is by far the biggest and has the most detail in regard to what Bethesda has put out. I am very impressed thus far.

I'm playing on the X Box One X, I really don't have any complaints other than the side missions which pop up every 5 minutes, but that's on par. I've noticed no difference playing with a controller, it's pretty seamless. I like having a controller with the wheel for inventory and such.

Have you discovered the hack for unlimited credits?

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
Me too. The open world is by far the biggest and has the most detail in regard to what Bethesda has put out. I am very impressed thus far.

I'm playing on the X Box One X, I really don't have any complaints other than the side missions which pop up every 5 minutes, but that's on par. I've noticed no difference playing with a controller, it's pretty seamless. I like having a controller with the wheel for inventory and such.

Have you discovered the hack for unlimited credits?

I saw a video about that glitch today, apparently, it's similar to one they had in Skyrim before the patches

SF is like Fallout and Mass Effect improved and put together, the expansiveness is really awesome, I remember both games could have had more missions and places to explore and they did that in Starfield

I like how the low gravity in some planets allows you to jump really high, exploring is really awesome that way. You find some scrapyard or research tower and you can spend an hour exploring each, just to find another place on the map ready to go next.

What about seeing a ship landing and just going there and stealing it? LOL

I'm doing the main quest to get rid of Vasco following me everywhere, that useless tin can always screws my stealth.

OP
OP
Flynn

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva
I saw a video about that glitch today, apparently, it's similar to one they had in Skyrim before the patches

SF is like Fallout and Mass Effect improved and put together, the expansiveness is really awesome, I remember both games could have had more missions and places to explore and they did that in Starfield

I like how the low gravity in some planets allows you to jump really high, exploring is really awesome that way. You find some scrapyard or research tower and you can spend an hour exploring each, just to find another place on the map ready to go next.

What about seeing a ship landing and just going there and stealing it? LOL

I'm doing the main quest to get rid of Vasco following me everywhere, that useless tin can always screws my stealth.

Oh yeah! Landing at Mars and jumping is really fun.

You can always leave Vasco in Atlantis if you don't like his annoying voice.

Mass Effect all versions are excellent, not a lot of side missions, kinda straight forward, but the battles are kind of cartoonist in my opinion.

One of the best parts in this game is being able to fast travel to planets,I know this defeats the purpose of having a spaceship, but I want to finish the game and then go back and fool around.

Yeah, unlimited funds is at Atlantis under the space port. It's 70,000 credits, but after you aquirethe credits, you need to go off planet and then come back. Kinda a pain in the ass. Overall, Statfield is really ambitious.

OP
OP
Flynn

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva
i think i'll wait until starfield is 75% off before i give my review. looking at the numbers starfield sold it looks like a lot of people are like me. imho the only thing saving starfield right now is microsoft gamepass.

I'm reading reports of not being able to play SF on Game Pass cloud because of the heavy traffic.

OP
OP
Flynn

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva
still waiting for star citizen. although it beats me why a game with over a half billion dollars in funding is taking so damn long to release.

"Star Citizen Alpha 4.0 has been estimated for end of 2023 or possibly 2024 might be live in 2024 or later."

Over a decade in the making? Star Citizen should be worth the wait.

OP
OP
Flynn

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva
UPDATE: Now older Xbox One game consoles can play Starfield on Game Pass. I don't know Microsoft waited until Friday to make that happen. It was only the X/S that had access on the initial roll out.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
I will not be buying Starfield for probably 2 or three years when it comes down in price, includes some DLC (like in a GOTY Edition), and is deeply discounted (75% or more).

It will be just as entertaining in a few years and will not cost nearly as much.

OP
OP
Flynn

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva
Update:

Now that I'm 10 hours into Starfield, I must say that this IS one of the most ambitious games I have ever had the pleasure of playing. I'm not even close to finishing the main quest and yet I have found myself being a full fledged Freestar Ranger. I started out as a Deputy and then solved a conspiracy and was promoted. The missions aren't bad, but with fast travel it makes it very worthwhile. The $70 price tag is well worth it as I can see the replay value.

If anyone is on the fence about this game...it's a must have. The story lines and the companions is second to none. Bethesda has done an excellent job. That's not to say there aren't the random glitches where your companion gets stuck in a corner or in a crowd, but those are far and few in-between and does not impact the game in a huge way. Perhaps one of my biggest complaints is that gathering weapons is easy but finding ammunition at a reasonable cost is frustrating. I paid over 9000 credits for 230 11mm bullets. Absolutely insane. Still it doesn't take away from the game thus far. My kids have already finished the game and are replaying it as less than honorable bounty hunters.

I am very excited to see where the game goes. Like I said, this should be a must have game. It should appeal to hard-core gamers and casual gamers alike.