Don't buy frozen food from China.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Sensible people don’t want Chinese products anymore. With embargoes in place, I couldn’t be more happier. China has destroyed economies and disrupted local trades for years. Good riddance I say.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
You really shouldn't be buying any food from China, period, but especially not frozen food.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

The one thing that Trump did was to scrap the proposed Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) which in hindsight was a wise move.

Obama approved it but Trump rejected it.

One of the provisions would have required that nations like the USA and Canada would have been forced to open up its dairy markets and allow products in from Asia, where many lethal viruses originate and spread.

Trump may have done many things people didn't like, but this veto potentially may have saved thousand of lives.

I always thought the TPP was a bad agreement & at least on this issue, I agreed that Trump did the right thing.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Sensible people don’t want Chinese products anymore. With embargoes in place, I couldn’t be more happier. China has destroyed economies and disrupted local trades for years. Good riddance I say.

Politics! ^^^^^^

:Whiner2: :Whiner2: :Whiner2:

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I've been avoiding purchasing any products from China for a few years, before Covid was a thing.

They do slave labor over there.

I make an effort to stick to local small businesses as much as possible.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
You really shouldn't be buying any food from China, period, but especially not frozen food.

The one thing that Trump did was to scrap the proposed Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) which in hindsight was a wise move.

One of the provisions would have required that nations like the USA and Canada would have been forced to open up its dairy markets and allow products in from Asia, where many lethal viruses originate and spread.

Trump may have done many things people didn't like, but this veto potentially may have saved thousand of lives.

I always thought the TPP was a bad agreement & at least on this issue, I agreed that Trump did the right thing.

That will probably be reversed under Biden.....sadly.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Political alert! :Whiner2: :Whiner2: :Whiner2: @Breakfall

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

No one is insulting anyone or jaacking the topic just to be a dick here, though.

That's the problem people are complaining about.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

No one is insulting anyone or jaacking the topic just to be a dick here, though.

Don't obfuscate. That's BS. I don't do it to be a dick, either, but @Breakfall is following me around, whinging about me posting about politics, telling me no one likes me, and that I should leave. Give me a fucking break. And others are whining as well. It's only because they don't want to hear from libs. FACT.

There is a double standard here, period. Same one Strapon did his best to institute at SG. Instead, he killed the forum.

• Agree!
Reactions: Q

X

xXx
Site Supporter

Don't obfuscate. That's BS. I don't do it to be a dick, either, but @Breakfall is following me around, whinging about me posting about politics, telling me no one likes me, and that I should leave. Give me a fucking break. And others are whining as well. It's only because they don't want to hear from libs. FACT.

There is a double standard here, period. Same one Strapon did his best to institute at SG. Instead, he killed the forum.

lmfao
Do you ever shut up
honestly
say something interesting

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Well tell him to fuck off and insult him back.

I see people bitching about and trolling the lib men here. I'm sure most would agree that you will at least make an argument and have generally bigger balls then the men here that take the left label. And they always cheer for you when Oak comes around.

No one hates you at all.

Can you see how someone that only posts memes and shitty strawman insults can get tedious and annoying and kinda kill a thread? I think you are taking these guys too much to heart.....you really shouldnt.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I see people bitching about and trolling the lib men here. I'm sure most would agree that you will at least make an argument and have generally bigger balls then the men here that take the left label. And they always cheer for you when Oak comes around.

No one hates you at all.

Can you see how someone that only posts memes and shitty strawman insults can get tedious and annoying and kinda kill a thread?

I don't see how memes kill a thread any more than a dogpile does. It just doesn't bother me at all.

I do tell @Breakfall to fuck off. But he can't quit me.

Q

Dictator of the Bastard Factory
Banned

Actually the problem is not politics, it's people who post something "some people" disagree with. THAT is the problem.
It just happens a lot on the politics-subject, since opionions differ a lot

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

No one hates you at all.

Can you see how someone that only posts memes and shitty strawman insults can get tedious and annoying and kinda kill a thread?

I don't see how memes kill a thread any more than a dogpile does. It just doesn't bother me at all.

When someone posts a thread about a topic and you have some perpetually shitty asshole running up in there who only posts insults and memes and doesnt engage the topic.....its really annoying.

Show me one....just ONE post from Apey where he isnt insulting "trumptards". The guy is like a fucking bot. Lemme show you what I mean.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Actually the problem is not politics, it's people who post something "some people" disagree with. THAT is the problem.

True. Because they post about politics all the time, but they agree with each other, so then it's fine.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

No one hates you at all.

When someone posts a thread about a topic and you have some perpetually shitty asshole running up in there who only posts insults and memes and doesnt engage the topic.....its really annoying.

Show me one....just ONE post from Apey where he isnt insulting "trumptards". The guy is like a fucking bot. Lemme show you what I mean.

You don't have to show me. I've seen all his posts.

I think he was inspired by Strapon's bullshit.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

No I don't think so.

The Pandemic has heightened our awareness of having control over our food supply.
TPP wouldn't fly in today's political and social climate
Times have changed.

Q

Dictator of the Bastard Factory
Banned
True. Because they post about politics all the time, but they agree with each other, so then it's fine.
That's exactly what I have seen to. Some people just cannot handle it when others do not agree with them. But that's regardless of the subject.
And as a last resort they start to slander others with stuff like "You are ugly" and the other stuff I just read in one of your posts.

To get back ontopic:
I do not undertand why someone would import icecream from China. Is it really cheaper than local made? And if so, how unhealthy is it?

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

No I don't think so.

The Pandemic has heightened our awareness of having control over our food supply.
Times have changed.

Biden has already said he wants to return to TPP.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

No I don't think so.

Times have changed.

Yep. He said it during the debates.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

No I don't think so.

Times have changed.

Yep. He said it during the debates.

some sources say Biden wants it, but there is opposition among the progressive wing of the Democratic party, who like Trump, are opposed to it:

But America has become very isolationist lately. People pissed off at China, blame them for the Pandemic and there is pressure to bring some of the manufacturing and jobs back home.

So I don't think there is enough support for the TPP right now.

And if they brought it back, the safety of the food supply such as Dairy products and others would be held up to much higher scrutiny. The American public and other countries don't want to be poisoned again by some foreign power.

Last edited: