Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
What do you do to stay in shape?

Any recommendations?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I get up early, drink lemon water (I keep infused water in the fridge...usually just lemon but in the summer I add a few mint sprigs and cucumber. Or I'll do lemon and orange slices) and I do some cardio yoga and I'll go for a jog.

I like to run for a minute to get my heart rate up....then I just speed walk....run another minute...speed walk...depending on the day sometimes an hour. But I make sure to get at least 25 minutes. In the winter it's much shorter. Some days I'll do lunges and such and use light weights...5 to 8 pounds. I'm NOT trying to get ripped.

Get outside as much as possible. Dont be sedentary.

Reactions: Joe

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Last week was typical...I referred hockey three nights, I played basketball for an hour at a community centre, I walked my dog almost every day for an hour or so, I walked dogs at the shelter for a few hours on Wednesday, and I do strength training almost every day: Push ups, dips, bicep curls, shoulder presses, and a variety of other dumbbell exercises.

Who the fuck needs recommendations for staying in shape?

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I’ve got a big dog, he needs exercise at least twice a day so I walk allot, I wouldn’t do that if it wasn’t for him, I normally drive everywhere.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Last week was typical...I referred hockey three nights, I played basketball for an hour at a community centre, I walked my dog almost every day for an hour or so, I walked dogs at the shelter for a few hours on Wednesday, and I do strength training almost every day: Push ups, dips, bicep curls, shoulder presses, and a variety of other dumbbell exercises.

Who the fuck needs recommendations for staying in shape?
Well that's impressive @The Prowler ! Wish I had the same amt of energy. However My Doctor ordered recently that I get a physical & blood tests done. Turns out he sez I got pernicious anemia.

which is lack of red blood cell production.

He gave me some b12 tablets to help. So I suppose I oughta work on my diet first.

Whats yer diet like? Maybe you and @Dove can advise. Think I'll go out and get some fresh seafood brocolli n spinich this week. They say liver helps too, eh. Maybe its a seasonal thing? Lack of sunlight? Too much rain typical of Vancouver winters?

Last edited:

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I ride my bike thru a series of jungle trails, ending up on the beach and a drink of water.
Ride waves when it’s rideable

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
What do you do to stay in shape?

Any recommendations?

Nothing... I am not in shape. I hurt my knees however I think I should return to my treadmill.... keep on my back Joe... I need someone to crack the whip over my head!!!