Gazillionaire Bidnessman Trump is unable to post bail. Sad!

Admin.

All that glitters, is not gold.
Site Supporter ☠️
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

GI9hVJVX0AATMB1

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
Groaner coming, don't say I didn't warn you.

Trump is so broke, he can't pay attention.
A phrase common in the Auto Industry when explaining to co-workers why you couldn't "close the deal"

as an alternative to "So broke they didn't have a pot to piss in, or a window to toss it out of"

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

… Once I built a tower up to the sun
Brick and rivet and lime
Once I built a tower, now it's done
Brother, can you spare a dime?

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
Donald Trump's lawyers once again have asked a New York appeals court to give him a break on the bond he is require to post to stop the state from initiating collection of its $450M (including interest) judgement against him in his civil fraud trial.
His lawyers argue that few of the surety bond firms operating in New York could handle a $450M bond and none of those were willing to accept real estate and collateral (which is not surprising).
It also came out in the reporting that the surety bond firms were requiring him to provide the full amount of the bond as collateral. Now, that's normal, but if the firm felt that he was likely to get the amount reduced on appeal, they could have lowered the collateral amount (multiply the chance they think it will be reduced by the amount of the reduction they expect and that would be the amount by which they should feel comfortable reducing the collateral required).
Early reporting had indicated that Trump was offering $100-200M in cash as collateral at one point. The fact that none were willing to consider that level of collateral--even for the fat $4-12M fee they would likely command for the bond--is quite telling in my opinion. These are professional appeals process handicappers and I think they all think he's going to end up owing it all.
However, all of the surety bond companies would accept an irrevocable letter of credit. There are a lot of very large banks that routinely issue irrevocable letters of credit in the half billion dollar range.
Many of them would be happy to take real estate as collateral.
I think the problem here is that the line of credit would be for Donald Trump.
Let's remember that he needs this bond because he was found to have defrauded his banking and insurance companies for years.
He no longer has a relationship with the primary bank cited in the case--Deutsche Bank--and burned numerous other lenders over the years.
He's toxic.
And I think he may very well be screwed. "I tried hard," is not relevant here.
He was found liable, and unless he posts the judgment amount or a surety bond, Attorney General James is going to be able to start collecting against him. I can't see any good reason for the appeals court to step in here, unless they feel the judge erred obviously and tremendously and I don't think the record supports such a judgment.
The penalties are huge, but so were the advantages in interest rates and insurance rates that Trump received. So, too, were the profits he made in selling assets he was only able to acquire because he was perceived to be in a stronger financial position that was actually the case.
This law is used all the time in New York; maybe not this publicly or on a scale this large, but the judge used it as intended: to keep fraudulent actors from profiting from their fraud.
I think he is going to lose on appeal and I think the surety bond firms of New York believe that too.

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

·

Donald Trump isn’t young. He doesn’t have good hair. He’s not physically fit. He isn’t tan. He’s not cognitively “there”, he’s not the winner of the 2020 election, he’s not being indicted “for you” and he’s NOT a billionaire sitting on tons and tons of money. He’s fucking broke.

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

fucking shocked to learn that the guy who lied about bone spurs and lied about hush money and lied about his Ukraine call and lied about a hurricane and lied about covid and lied about the election has been lying about being a billionaire. how the fuck did we Nazi this coming

·
Views

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I can’t help but wonder why Fatso isn’t hitting up Putin and Russia for the cash? Trump is a dead man if he loses.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Maybe they’re neither suckers or fools. Fatso was bashing Jews yesterday.

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
IVANKA: "No Daddy, the $4 billion in Saudi cash is, you know, fake news. I can lend you a few hundred for lunch money, but I’ll need it back.

And, Jared, can’t dip into his petty cash trust fund. We’re using that to furnish our new palace in Riyadh and stuff our go-bags with cash and jewels in case we have to leave in sort of a hurry.

And, no, we’re not selling our house in Palm Beach. Dad, I’m hanging up"

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
IVANKA: "No Daddy, the $4 billion in Saudi cash is, you know, fake news. I can lend you a few hundred for lunch money, but I’ll need it back.

And, Jared, can’t dip into his petty cash trust fund. We’re using that to furnish our new palace in Riyadh and stuff our go-bags with cash and jewels in case we have to leave in sort of a hurry.

And, no, we’re not selling our house in Palm Beach. Dad, I’m hanging up"

They're not choosing his well-being over their own. He taught all his kids to take care of #1 first by his example.