Ghostbusters II: Afterlife

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
[QUOTE="Lily, post: It was also nostalgic, I was 17 when the original came out. Worth watching.
[/QUOTE]

So that makes you 50 + - - - - - -:Id Hit It:

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Don't touch my bike. Wooooooo.
Site Supporter ☠️
I might give it a try, after all, I watched the one from 2016, which was terrible

I had to actually google it to remember if I had watched it, and I recalled the crazy-smart blond girl.

But I have no idea about the rest, don't remember

Movies today tend to be easily forgettable.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Don't touch my bike. Wooooooo.
Site Supporter ☠️
Have you guys watched the last James Bond?

I said last, not latest, because for the first time, they killed the agent and had some girl to replace him

And it has nothing to do with "hate for liberals", the movie absolutely sucked, the plot was totally retarded, Malek is a good actor, but he totally messed up on that one.

I'm pretty sure the next Bond movie will be completely unwatchable.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
It's charming and fun. Different cast, but decent plot. It holds its own. It was also nostalgic, I was 17 when the original came out. Worth watching.

agreed!

we all enjoyed it and I nearly jumped out of my seat several times and had the kiddos busting up over it

I also enjoyed seeing the old cast cameos.

Highly recommended for the whole family!

OP
OP
Lily of Denial

Lily of Denial

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I said last, not latest, because for the first time, they killed the agent and had some girl to replace him

And it has nothing to do with "hate for liberals", the movie absolutely sucked, the plot was totally retarded, Malek is a good actor, but he totally messed up on that one.

It wasn't good. Killing "Bond" was a mistake for old fans. But they're not making movies for older Bond fans anymore. They're trying to find a new "007"; the 007 in this movie gave a flat performance though. I don't think she's the one.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️

It wasn't good. Killing "Bond" was a mistake for old fans. But they're not making movies for older Bond fans anymore. They're trying to find a new "007"; the 007 in this movie gave a flat performance though. I don't think she's the one.

it was action filled… and I liked that they added a love interest/daughter of Dr. White and illegitimate spawn of that relationship.

OP
OP
Lily of Denial

Lily of Denial

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

it was action filled… and I liked that they added a love interest/daughter of Dr. White and illegitimate spawn of that relationship.

The way that they added it in was convoluted, Spectre being locked away and killed by Malek's character was ill-conceived as well. I was disappointed. I think Sam Mendes did a much better job in Skyfall.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️

The way that they added it in was convoluted, Spectre being locked away and killed by Malek's character was ill-conceived as well. I was disappointed. I think Sam Mendes did a much better job in Skyfall.

Skyfall is one of the best made.

But I liked that they killed him off since they are looking for a new Bond. I preferred the closure.

El Big Sexy thinks the next 007 will be female.

OP
OP
Lily of Denial

Lily of Denial

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Skyfall is one of the best made.

But I liked that they killed him off since they are looking for a new Bond. I preferred the closure.

El Big Sexy thinks the next 007 will be female.

Probably, it will end the series for me if so.

OP
OP
Lily of Denial

Lily of Denial

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I might give it a try, after all, I watched the one from 2016, which was terrible

I had to actually google it to remember if I had watched it, and I recalled the crazy-smart blond girl.

But I have no idea about the rest, don't remember

Movies today tend to be easily forgettable.

Never saw the one from 2016. This is watchable for sure.

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
[QUOTE="Lily,

[/QUOTE]

It wasn't good. Killing "Bond" was a mistake for old fans. But they're not making movies for older Bond fans anymore. They're trying to find a new "007"
[/QUOTE]

The new Bond will most likey be a Black Transgender freak with a wooden dick and stainless steel Tits- Just saying - - - - -

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
The newest Ghostbusters was generic family fluff.... but still better than the all cunt cast previous one.

Bond films are all crap these days.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Just another franchise offering with cameos and a bit of wokeness chucked in.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
Two white kids, one Asian and one mullato aren’t what I would consider “woke.” It felt more like the Goonies.

I liked the 1920s mine with the ancient carvings and the dirt farm. Watching ecto-1 plow thorough that empty field was awesome.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
Egon Spengler is Jewish. His grandchildren are the main characters and the two white kids who comprise the Ghostbusters in Afterlife. The grandson’s love interest is the Kenya born actress and the granddaughter’s summer school friend is the Asian podcast kid.

I’m lost… leave larger crumbs if you want me to follow this trail….

OP
OP
Lily of Denial

Lily of Denial

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Egon Spengler is Jewish. His grandchildren are the main characters and the two white kids who comprise the Ghostbusters in Afterlife. The grandson’s love interest is the Kenya born actress and the granddaughter’s summer school friend is the Asian podcast kid.

I’m lost… leave larger crumbs if you want me to follow this trail….

It's simple, they're not all white and male...as God intended when he created Earth and its creatures.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Casting sought the Noah's Ark approach and if it weren't for the mid 80's characters in cameo, would have woke-washed the entire cast.

Notice they pushed the granddaughter and the love interest forward and grandson as a bit simple.... despite Spengler being brilliant in male excelling STEM disciplines.

The granddaughter character also exhibited as potentially lesbianatic.

The mother for the large part didn't "trust the science" (slight dig) and had bad daddy patriarchy issues.

The producers learnt from the last movie and tried to scratch as many bellies as possible this time.

But it still came off as manipulative....

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
I don’t think that the granddaughter was romantically interested in Podcast Asian kid. It was mentioned when they were moving to the dirt farm that she was practicing jokes because she had a hard time making friends. She is eccentric, much like Asian Podcast kid…. just in different ways.

The brother is 16 years old and was clearly interested in the Kenya born actress as soon as he saw her… he even lied about his age trying to get a job and/or impress her.

I think Hollywood is trying to normalize mixed race couples tbh.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
They tried to tick as many woke boxes as possible without being noticed....