Happy National Day of Mourning

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Thank you, @LotusBud. That was kind.

When I celebrate Thanksgiving, it's a celebration of Autumn and my fortune that I have in my family. It's not about Pilgrims in Plymouth hundreds of years ago and the beginning of settler colonization for me.

The New Holliday

Now With 25% More Infinity
Site Supporter
Thank you, @LotusBud. That was kind.

When I celebrate Thanksgiving, it's a celebration of Autumn and my fortune that I have in my family. It's not about Pilgrims in Plymouth hundreds of years ago and the beginning of settler colonization for me.
It's a harvest celebration - like those celebrated all over the world and down through time.

...plus - applejack and berry pie. Yum.

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️
Seasonal countries hold harvest festivals, a bad harvest used to mean a hungry winter. Its a praise to god for all those doing it not pushing a religion.

Some people want to suck the fun out of everything.

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️
Damn those indigenous people for complaining!

where ever you go people have customs and there are always people pissed of with those customs. The question is why dig them up then throw them in the face of people just trying to enjoy their trads?

If your not indigenous what the fucks it got to do with you? If you are then maybe you should STFU and get over it or people will be looking into your customs and digging up rival tribes with historical beefs to throw in your face. And knowing a bit about injun history theres a hell of a lot of beefs in there.

What good does it achieve other than being an attempted killjoy?

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
where ever you go people have customs and there are always people pissed of with those customs. The question is why dig them up then throw them in the face of people just trying to enjoy their trads?

If your not indigenous what the fucks it got to do with you? If you are then maybe you should STFU and get over it or people will be looking into your customs and digging up rival tribes with historical beefs to throw in your face. And knowing a bit about injun history theres a hell of a lot of beefs in there.

I didn't bring it up, fuckface. It's not my thread. And if anyone feelings get hurt, well, I believe it's your side of the aisle that believes "fuck your feelings". Don't like the thread, stay the fuck off of it.

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️
I didn't bring it up, fuckface. It's not my thread. And if anyone feelings get hurt, well, I believe it's your side of the aisle that believes "fuck your feelings". Don't like the thread, stay the fuck off of it.

You quoted my post with a snide reply, most people would consider brining it up. Its not your thread but that hasn't tempered you. And yes it is my side of the isle that says "fuck your feelings" but thats when an issue has emotion put into that shouldn't be there. Here you are trying to fuck with peoples feelings, thats different Moaning Myrtle.

The main feeling here is gratitude for not starving. Other people having pride and positive feelings seems to upset you.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
You quoted my post with a snide reply, most people would consider brining it up. Its not your thread but that hasn't tempered you. And yes it is my side of the isle that says "fuck your feelings" but thats when an issue has emotion put into that shouldn't be there. Here you are trying to fuck with peoples feelings, thats different Moaning Myrtle.

The main feeling here is gratitude for not starving. Other people having pride and positive feelings seems to upset you.

My reply was appropriate to the thread topic. It's about how Thanksgiving isn't so damn wonderful for everyone. I accept that as an American. Unfortunately, the holiday is about other things too. How even after helping them not starve, the English colonizers fucked over natives. Too bad, so sad if it bothers you. History doesn't exist to stroke your ego.

WTF, it's not even yours to celebrate. You're the only one that seems to have any overwrought feelings about it. That's fucking weird.

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️
My reply was appropriate to the thread topic. It's about how Thanksgiving isn't so damn wonderful for everyone. I accept that as an American.

WTF, it's not even yours to celebrate. You're the only one that seems to have any overwrought feelings about it. That's fucking weird.

I'm more interested in the mentality. I think nihilism is a big problem in the West.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Its not reality its history. History is open to interpretation. When did you become a horrible person?

Sure and usually the people fucking over other people get to decide what it is. Funny how that works.

The reality is that this land wasn't empty. If you don't like it, that's YOUR problem. Facts are facts.

The New Holliday

Now With 25% More Infinity
Site Supporter
I had a very nice meal. Everything was excellently prepared.
.. Everyone confirmed that I am the spit n image of Klaus Kinski as Nosferatu.

The applejack and pies were deeeeelicious.
My college BBall team had a big Turkey Day Tournament win.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
My son is smoking a turkey. I love the turkey. I'm baking a blueberry pie. Working on it now. No pumpkin pie this year. Is that even legal? :Happy5:

That sounds so amazing!!!

I cheated on everything from the pies to the appetizers…. :KMA:

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Seasonal countries hold harvest festivals, a bad harvest used to mean a hungry winter. Its a praise to god for all those doing it not pushing a religion.

Some people want to suck the fun out of everything.
Yeah, except that is not at all how American Thanksgiving is marketed. It has always been marketed as "The pigrims invited the Natives to a feast." I think people should know the truth. If America wants to start marketing Thanksgiving as a celebration of the end of harvest season, I'm 100% behind it.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

My question is "What good does lying about history do?" Just face the facts of our past and stop trying to make it sound like America is all about freedom and equality when it's fucking not. Being honest about the past makes it more likely that you will create a more just society.

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️
Yeah, except that is not at all how American Thanksgiving is marketed. It has always been marketed as "The pigrims invited the Natives to a feast." I think people should know the truth. If America wants to start marketing Thanksgiving as a celebration of the end of harvest season, I'm 100% behind it.

In a way that is, invited to a feast is come share are bountiful harvest. This is similar to the UK harvest festival, I remember taking food items to the church to celebrate(could be anything). Afterwards it was given to poor and elderly.

A bit of history here,

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️
My question is "What good does lying about history do?" Just face the facts of our past and stop trying to make it sound like America is all about freedom and equality when it's fucking not. Being honest about the past makes it more likely that you will create a more just society.
True its never been about equality and thats a good thing.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
In a way that is, invited to a feast is come share are bountiful harvest. This is similar to the UK harvest festival, I remember taking food items to the church to celebrate(could be anything). Afterwards it was given to poor and elderly.

A bit of history here,

LOL. Yeah. That's what they've always said about Tday in the US.
Always.
In your dreams.