Has the Democratic Party in the US advanced the causes of Black Voters at the Expense of Ignoring Latinos?

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It got me wondering, cuz everything in their agenda this time out seemed to be about the Black Voter. Black Lives Matter as opposed to Everyone's Lives Matter or at least Minorities Matter.

I didn't really hear anything on the Democratic Agenda which addressed the concerns of Latinos, who in fact, now outnumber Blacks as the largest minority group in the USA. But their needs are no less pressing than Blacks. While some are doing well, many others are quite poor and their social standing isn't that great in many parts of the country.

In addition, even tho they are being hit hard by the coronavirus pandemic, I never heard them complain. Nor did they ever seem to be prominent in the social protests. They just seemed to go about their lives trying to make ends meet and make a living.

Has the Democratic Party diminished their future electability because they've relied so much on the Black Vote?

And will the Latino voters eventually coalesce around the Republican Party if the Democrats continue to ignore them?

Maybe like the Republican Party which became beholden to the White Vote in the South which is gradually eroding.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

It's notable that the Democrats didn't win Florida this time. And the large bloc of Latinos there didn't vote for them like they have in the past. They voted for Trump, even tho he's been at odds with them. And if I'm not mistaken, more Latinos nationwide voted for Trump than last time.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

From the Tejanos of Southeast Texas to the Venezuelan-American enclave west of Miami and the Dominican-Americans a few miles to the east, Latinos turned out in big numbers for President Donald Trump on Nov. 3.

Of all the election-night surprises, this may have been the greatest. Even in Maricopa, the key county that Joe Biden captured en route to flipping Arizona into the Democrats’ column for the first time in two decades, the Latino vote inched ever so slightly toward Trump.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Most Latinos just want to work and see hard work as the path to get ahead in life (they are right about that too). By and large they are also religious and reject the victim mentality Denocrats try to peddle. They even understand the difference between illegal vs illegal immigration which democrats constantly lie about.

In short, they make natural Republicans.

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
The democratic party only advances their own interests and will merely pander to whatever group they feel will help them push through whatever agenda they are trying to push down the throats of the American people.

They are fucking worthless irredeemable scum and just when you think they could not sink any lower they manage to outdo themselves and do just that

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
Blacks and Latinos are fighting bitterly over the Harris Senate seat in California as we speak.

It is not about policy or even personality, nothing more than skin color.

But we are the racists.
Democrats are like rabid dogs fighting over the carcass of a dead rabbit

these people are utterly pathetic