Houseflies are Fast

Posely

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
Another mystery poster. Yay

Do I know you? How did you know I played chess and went to church?
Jesus you need me to paint you a picture for you too? Uhmm I've read many of your posts so I would know that you play chess and go to church. Duh. Fucking hell

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Moderator ☠️
Jesus you need me to paint you a picture for you too? Uhmm I've read many of your posts so I would know that you play chess and go to church. Duh. Fucking hell
Well, as it happens I don't go to church dipshit. Show me a post where I said that I attended. I'd love to see that Marvin/liar.

Posely

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
Well, as it happens I don't go to church dipshit. Show me a post where I said that I attended. I'd love to see that Marvin/liar.
I don't need to post proof GOD told me you went to church. Is GOD a liar too now? hmm. Interesting how you were such buddy buddy with Corky but not so much with the rest of us. You hating on us?

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Moderator ☠️
I don't need to post proof GOD told me you went to church. Is GOD a liar too now? hmm. Interesting how you were such buddy buddy with Corky but not so much with the rest of us. You hating on us?
It seems to me if you read many of my posts you'd know that I don't attend church. If God told you why didn't you just say that to begin with? You're out of your league little boy. Go and ride your trike in five o'clock traffic or something.

Posely

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
It seems to me if you read many of my posts you'd know that I don't attend church. If God told you why didn't you just say that to begin with? You're out of your league little boy. Go and ride your trike in five o'clock traffic or something.
Bipolar?
Oh GOD works in mysterious ways, so why would I tell you something like that in the first place?

Breakfall

Such is life...
ASS BOXED
HOUSEFLIES......HOUSEFLIES, people.

.Thread restricted to the topic of HOUSEFLIES, which does not include YOUS !!!
Not that it couldn't.
Hey you! Whilst houseflies may be fast…maggots are slow. It’s all about eliminating the larval form. Clean up your kitchen and make sure your rubbish bin lids are secure.
It’s not rocket science, unless of course you’re breeding them on for use as a fishing bait…

karesz-kareszka.gif

OP
OP
The New Holliday

The New Holliday

Now With 25% More Infinity
Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
You do know that plants, animals, etc produce chemicals, right?

I clearly meant toxic chemicals. If you want to fight, take up a good fight, at the very least.
I was just remembering that old commercial by some toxic ChemCo. Gotta haves chemicals. Kaint live withoutdumb. Maybe you never saw that one.
Yeah - nature's chemical factories - sure, I think I lernt about that in school.

wizer

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
I live in Greece now. The houseflies are bad here too.

Even with all the torn screens replaced they find ways to get in, and too many don't get drawn into the zapper which is constantly going.

Obviously a fly swatter is going to work better than your hand because you can flick your wrist a lot faster than moving your entire arm.

However if the flyswatter isn't handy because I left it the last place I sat before I moved to my favorite chair, I've found the following technique is good and nets about a 75% kill probability.

Observe the fly after it lands on you. Watch it as it crawls around and then usually settles into one spot and does this thing where it seems to be licking it's feet. At this point it's the least aware of it's surroundings and its guard is down. It's still gonna be quick and it's got like 100 eyes looking everywhere, but as you observe it your hand is slooowwwwly creeping up so it's within about 1 foot of striking range. Then, when the fly least expects it you bring that hand straight down with no hesitation and no pulling back. Sure it's gonna sting a bit at the impact point but it won't last and this requires 100% commitment. There's little satisfaction in life greater than that feeling you get when you lift your hand and the crumbled mess of what used to be a fly rolls off your arm or leg.

OP
OP
The New Holliday

The New Holliday

Now With 25% More Infinity
Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
I live in Greece now. The houseflies are bad here too.

Even with all the torn screens replaced they find ways to get in, and too many don't get drawn into the zapper which is constantly going.

Obviously a fly swatter is going to work better than your hand because you can flick your wrist a lot faster than moving your entire arm.

However if the flyswatter isn't handy because I left it the last place I sat before I moved to my favorite chair, I've found the following technique is good and nets about a 75% kill probability.

Observe the fly after it lands on you. Watch it as it crawls around and then usually settles into one spot and does this thing where it seems to be licking it's feet. At this point it's the least aware of it's surroundings and its guard is down. It's still gonna be quick and it's got like 100 eyes looking everywhere, but as you observe it your hand is slooowwwwly creeping up so it's within about 1 foot of striking range. Then, when the fly least expects it you bring that hand straight down with no hesitation and no pulling back. Sure it's gonna sting a bit at the impact point but it won't last and this requires 100% commitment. There's little satisfaction in life greater than that feeling you get when you lift your hand and the crumbled mess of what used to be a fly rolls off your arm or leg.
.Using a rolled dish towel and anticipating flight direction I knocked out 2 yesterday. Either I'm gaining skiwws or/and they are slowing with the cooler weather. There are none this morning.

wizer

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
.Using a rolled dish towel and anticipating flight direction I knocked out 2 yesterday. Either I'm gaining skiwws or/and they are slowing with the cooler weather. There are none this morning.
I don't get good results with a dish towel. I end up making wild swings and they end up hitting wide right or left. Maybe I need more practice.