I dont know if there is already a thread about this

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
But what scene in a movie (and it can be any movie....doesnt even have to be a horror) actually terrified you?

I grew up on horror films. Zombie movies and paranormal movies and slasher films. None of them ever actually scared me to the point where I was disturbed afterwards.

A year ago, my daughters found Annihilation on like Netflix or whatever and we thought it looked interesting.

I really wasnt expecting anything scary with this Sci Fi film. The story itself unnerved me but this scene

Terrified me right to my fucking SOUL. I have never seen anything so horrifying. And some people dont agree that this is even scary at all....just sad. But to me the concept was even frightening.

I guess it fucked me up because I'm an out doorsey nature loving type. I like to be out in the woods in the natural world. It's like my church. So the thought of it getting so distorted, contaminated and creatures mutating from some alien source is just kinda my idea of being in hell. Everything else involving nature...I love it. Creepy demon stories. Skin walkers(all native lore). Sudden disappearances. I dig that shit. This? Fucked me up.

And.....that scene was so intense my daughters and I didnt even breath through it. We really were not prepared for it and we all kinda laughed at how we got ambush terrified by probably the most grotesque and horrifying movie monster we have ever seen....and we watch every horror movie we find.

The only other movie that ever disturbed me that badly was Event Horizon back when it first came out. I guess Sci Fi horrors do it for me.

So what movie scene scared the fuck out of you and why?

Last edited: