I would like to see this in Portugal

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
What you need to know about California's new composting law — a game changer for food waste
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Senate Bill 1383 requires all residents and businesses to separate such “green” waste from other trash, but the program will be rolled out gradually for homes and businesses in the coming months, with the actual startup date varying, depending on the location of your home or business.
Fines can be levied for failing to separate organic refuse from other trash. But those charges aren’t scheduled to begin until 2024. CalRecycle, the state agency overseeing the change,
about the new requirements on its website.
Others offering composting solutions include
— which gives instructions on home composting and also offers community hubs where organic material can be dropped — and
, which provides a home pickup service in some neighborhoods, for a fee.

Isn’t garbage just garbage? Why are California lawmakers requiring us to separate organic waste from the rest of our trash?
Scientists have found that organic waste dumped into traditional landfills decomposes and creates methane, a super-pollutant with as much as 80 times the Earth-warming potency of carbon dioxide.
To slow the advance of global warming, the state wants to redirect the material to composting centers or anaerobic digestion facilities, where it can help sink carbon back into the Earth or capture natural gas to — for instance — power trash trucks.

...but it's so "authoritarian" like traffic laws, and education requirements an whatnotanymore these days.
...WTF?

I've always composted.

Why are Californians dirty animals that need legislation to do this?
Damn….relax.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
What you need to know about California's new composting law — a game changer for food waste

Senate Bill 1383 requires all residents and businesses to separate such “green” waste from other trash, but the program will be rolled out gradually for homes and businesses in the coming months, with the actual startup date varying, depending on the location of your home or business.
Fines can be levied for failing to separate organic refuse from other trash. But those charges aren’t scheduled to begin until 2024. CalRecycle, the state agency overseeing the change,
about the new requirements on its website.
Others offering composting solutions include
— which gives instructions on home composting and also offers community hubs where organic material can be dropped — and
, which provides a home pickup service in some neighborhoods, for a fee.

Isn’t garbage just garbage? Why are California lawmakers requiring us to separate organic waste from the rest of our trash?
Scientists have found that organic waste dumped into traditional landfills decomposes and creates methane, a super-pollutant with as much as 80 times the Earth-warming potency of carbon dioxide.
To slow the advance of global warming, the state wants to redirect the material to composting centers or anaerobic digestion facilities, where it can help sink carbon back into the Earth or capture natural gas to — for instance — power trash trucks.

...but it's so "authoritarian" like traffic laws, and education requirements an whatnotanymore these days.
...WTF?

I've always composted.

Why are Californians dirty animals that need legislation to do this?
Damn….relax.

Well H here is mocking ME for saying that forcing vaccines is authoritarian.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
@Dove remember when we fought what seems a decade ago when you were going through hell on VF. I got banned because of it. My words manipulated by moderators. That was some crazy shit yeah? I was all for child protection from parents not of sound mind.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
@Dove remember when we fought what seems a decade ago when you were going through hell on VF. I got banned because of it. My words manipulated by moderators. That was some crazy shit yeah? I was all for child protection from parents not of sound mind.

Break I have NEVER been on VF.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
The point being…I had trouble with a mother on drugs (my ex wife) and it has irreversibly destroyed the lives of three children that are scarred as adults.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I know a bear shits in the woods....Will the woods be fined for not separating their bear shit from their leaves? :Popcorn:

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I know a bear shits in the woods....Will the woods be fined for not separating their bear shit from their leaves? :Popcorn:

That's very clver. wow! You got me with that one
Point being, keeping organics out of a landfill is minuscule compared to all the methane produced naturally. You people are building bridges to nowhere.

Your bullshit propaganda is a super pollutant!

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Point being, keeping organics out of a landfill is minuscule compared to all the methane produced naturally. You people are building bridges to nowhere.

OK, Einstein.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

OK, Einstein.
I prefer "Mr Common Sense".

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

OK, Einstein.

That's a highly inappropriate moniker for you, pal.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

OK, Einstein.

Lady, you people are so far off in left field, you dont know which way is up.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

OK, Einstein.

Because composting, an ancient farming technique, is far off in left field?

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

OK, Einstein.

Cause stupid motherfuckers like you and hollifaggit think this will make a dent in the methane production.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

OK, Einstein.

Cause stupid motherfuckers like you and hollifaggit think this will make a dent in the methane production.

No dents will be made if people do nothing. That's guaranteed.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

OK, Einstein.

True, but making shit like this mandatory makes people like me burn tires in the back yard. Plus, its literally a waste of time.

Take earth day for example. On earth day, I start all the cars and let them idle for 1 hour.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

OK, Einstein.

True, but making shit like this mandatory makes people like me burn tires in the back yard. Plus, its literally a waste of time.

Take earth day for example. On earth day, I start all the cars and let them idle for 1 hour.

Well, there are always going to be insanely angry, vindictive, and stupid people like you.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

OK, Einstein.

Well, there are always going to be insanely angry, vindictive, and stupid people like you.
Yep. And you can bet your ass: