Instagram, fbook are down right now, big outage...

X

xXx
Site Supporter

Admin.

The Flying Fickle Finger Of Fate.
Site Supporter ☠️
244451658_5577689772260430_8557050054828171023_n.jpg

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Hahahaha, Im hearing the employees cant even get in with their badges, they aint working lol.

Im hearing parts they need are in the Pacific on a boat lol.

Either way, its fucking glorious lol.

Must of been...... the Russians lol.

8fbf9eed14e4bb35.jpeg

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It is down! I was wondering why I was seeing four hour old posts lol

Yeah I was just seeing the same thing

Maybe this was all planned as a test ta see how SJW'S & Gen Y could cope w/o their daily fix of Social Media.

I mean I went down to the local 7-11 today & this 20 something clerk was whimpering about FB & Instagram were shut down & "Oh Dear, What should I do?!" as if the World were comin to an End.

Oh well, different sensibilities different generation I suppose.

I just think of these sites as daily digital syrup. Like ifya decide ta put er on yer pancakes it's optional.

I hardly check FB, maybe like once a month? See if anything interesting is going on. But I usually get bored with it after 5 minutes with its model of endless scrolling . Gotten to the point it's only useful if there's a nice photo or artwork to download in jpeg form.

But a Lotta people are addicted to these websites & Social media now.

They gotta have their daily fix, Man!

Without them, they're jes lost, social outcasts. .like total losers, eh.

Last edited:

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Maybe this was all planned as a test ta see how SJW'S & Gen Y could cope w/o their daily fix of Social Media.

I mean I went down to the local 7-11 today & this 20 something clerk was whimpering about FB & Instagram were shut down & "Oh Dear, What should I do?!" as if the World were comin to an End.

I just think of these sites as daily digital syrup. Like ifya decide ta put er on yer pancakes it's optional.

I hardly check FB, maybe like once a month? See if anything interesting is going on. But I usually get bored with it after 5 minutes with its model of endless scrolling . Gotten to the point it's only useful if there's a nice photo or artwork to download in jpeg form.

I have friends on socail media.....well one in particular, who is always doing the "I'm so blessed" posts. Big long posts about how awesome her kids are or her husband is with a bunch of pictures.

She will have like 20 pictures of the most mundane things. And if they go on an outing....you get like 58 pictures and the same speeches about how blessed she is. Dont get me wrong....I get being proud of your family. You should feel blessed. But she is intense with it.

It's just so tedious. She doesnt let her kids have phones(and the oldest really should have one) because she doesnt want them on the internet.....but she posts them on the internet. And they have tablets with internet access but she doesnt want them to have phones because of the internet. It makes no sense lol.

Anyway she is totally one of those people that likes to have a cheesy sort of internet presence.

I really cut down on what I post about my family life. I usually will post memes or articles with the occasional post about my family.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I have friends on socail media.....well one in particular, who is always doing the "I'm so blessed" posts. Big long posts about how awesome her kids are or her husband is with a bunch of pictures.

She will have like 20 pictures of the most mundane things. And if they go on an outing....you get like 58 pictures and the same speeches about how blessed she is. Dont get me wrong....I get being proud of your family. You should feel blessed. But she is intense with it.

It's just so tedious. She doesnt let her kids have phones(and the oldest really should have one) because she doesnt want them on the internet.....but she posts them on the internet. And they have tablets with internet access but she doesnt want them to have phones because of the internet. It makes no sense lol.

Anyway she is totally one of those people that likes to have a cheesy sort of internet presence.

I really cut down on what I post about my family life. I usually will post memes or articles with the occasional post about my family.

I wouldn't post any photos of children on FaceBook.
I think they need their privacy & a time of innocence sheltered from the harsh realities of the World. Ideally, the schools shouldn't be introducing computers to Kids until maybe - the 7th grade?

They're better off learning reading, writing and rithmatic skills from grades 1 to 6.

I have one FB friend, and she posts ALL of the photos of her good looking child on FB.

And he is really good looking - cuz he inherited her classic Nordic blond bombshell looks.
So she's proud ta show him off. But I think it's unhealthy.

Its akin to child TV stars who get overexposed and then become maladjusted later in life.

It can also make them vulnerable to predators too.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

I wouldn't post any photos of children on FaceBook.
I think they need their privacy & a time of innocence sheltered from the harsh realities of the World. Ideally, the schools shouldn't be introducing computers to Kids until maybe - the 7th grade?

They're better off learning reading, writing and rithmatic skills from grades 1 to 6.

I have one FB friend, and she posts ALL of the photos of her good looking child on FB.

And he is really good looking - cuz he inherited her classic Nordic blond bombshell looks.
So she's proud ta show him off. But I think it's unhealthy.

Its akin to child TV stars who get overexposed and then become maladjusted later in life.

It can also make them vulnerable to predators too.

My older daughters have FB. They have only friends and family on it. They dont go on it a lot at all, and they dont ever post a lot of pictures of themselves. A few but not much.

I dont mind them having it. One of them is an adult now and the other one is old enough to drive... they are very good about braving the internet.

I am definately guilty of posting tons of baby pics after Squish was born.....I really slowed that way after seeing the PLEASE ASS BOX ME! pages and how FB drags ass taking THOSE down.

Aylana

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Do you have to use your real name to sign up on FB now?

For some reason it says in my profile that I worked at Pet Rescue Saga. I must have and forgotten about it.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I somewhat understand why so many would fret about Facebook or Instagram going down. Many businesses have based their model on it. Some 100%.

Eg. - this guy was promoting a business model based entirely upon marketing through Facebook:

So if your Facebook 'store' is down or its reliability is questionable, then it can impact the business's bottom line.