Intel Corporation (INTC)

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
Intel

Though the yield is much lower at just 2.5%, the story of Intel
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
is similar in many ways to Ford. This is a company that has seen big-picture pressures from the decline of PCs and the rise of mobile, as well as specific issues, such as competitor Advanced Micro Devices
stealing server market share and that its next-generation 10-nanometer process technology may not deliver as hoped.

However, these are certainly not new items to anyone who has been paying attention. And by some measures, Intel stock has priced in enough negativity to make its shares a pretty decent value play.

Case in point: The stock trades for about 10 times next year’s earnings, about a third of AMD’s valuation and well under the forward P/E of about 17 for Texas Instruments
Intel also trades for about three times total sales, compared with almost five times sales for Broadcom
and almost six times sales for Texas Instruments

With over $14 billion in cash and short-term investments on top of over $22 billion in annual operating cash flow, Intel is well-capitalized and had a broad enough reach to weather any short-term pain. And with shares up more than 10% from their 52-week low in October, there are signs that the worst of Wall Street’s negativity is now behind this stock. For another boost, Intel said Thursday that it approved a $15 billion buyback program. (Intel had $4.7 billion remaining under an existing repurchase program as of Sept. 29.)

OP
OP
TheHaze

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
Intel Corporation (INTC)

As the world’s largest semiconductor manufacturer, Intel has its hands in nearly every corner of the modern tech world. And as cloud computing and the Internet of Things continue to grow, Intel should continue to benefit. Plus, its broad product portfolio and diverse operations might protect investors in comparison to niche chip makers during trade war uncertainty.

Intel has a Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) and “B” grades for Value and Growth in our Style Scores system. The chip behemoth has fared better than many of its peers this year, and part of that is because it has fought hard to win back market share from key competitors. Investors might also find refuge in its relatively stability and 2.5% dividend yield. Moreover, the stock looks attractively priced at just 10.6x earnings.