Is Israel kidnapping Palestinian doctors?

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
AS EARLY AS November, reports emerged of doctors being detained and going missing in north Gaza. According to the World Health Organization, at least 214
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
have been detained by the Israeli military. In early May, the detention and alleged torture of medical staff from Gaza made headlines when Israeli authorities announced the death of Adnan Al-Bursh, a well-known surgeon and the head of orthopedics at Al-Shifa Hospital. After being taken into custody in December, officials said Al-Bursh died in April while in Ofer Prison, an Israeli detention facility in the occupied West Bank.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
@Holliday, you must have such a temper to turn on someone the way you turned on me. It was not instigated by anything other than difference in political opinions. Your behavior is honestly a little scary. And very sad.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
^ Disagreeing with LettuceBrain is "turning on her".

This is why these people are not equipped to debate properly. They let their soft feelings get in the way of logic and they are too prideful to admit when they have been proven to be wrong.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
^ Disagreeing with LettuceBrain is "turning on her".

This is why these people are not equipped to debate properly. They let their soft feelings get in the way of logic and they are too prideful to admit when they have been proven to be wrong.
Oh, let me take debate lessons from YOU, Einstein. LOL

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
We've known for months Israelis are targeting doctors, journalists, educators, and other essential individuals in Gaza and the other occupied territories. Anyone who doubts this hasn't actually been paying attention.

Larry Loungelizard

I appreciate irony as long as I'm not it's victim.
Not to be a doubting Thomas, but the source of the article, The Intercept, got a donation from Sam Bankman-Fried. Just for your consideration.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I’m not up to date on this subject, but the consistency of Israeli atrocities seems to point to it.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Can't read it because I'm not a subscriber. Could you cut and paste it?

Sure.

JERUSALEM — Even after four months of the most grueling and gruesome work of his life, the anesthesiologist wanted to stay at his post at Nasser Hospital last month when the Israeli tanks closed in.
But doctors, he fretted, face one of three fates in wartime Gaza: displacement, detention or death.

He’d seen Israeli forces disappear doctors during raids on the enclave’s besieged and collapsing hospitals. He feared being accused of supporting
, seeing
He’d heard about the abuse Palestinians endured in

But the anesthesiologist had six children and a large extended family in Rafah that relied on him. So it was with a heavy heart, he said, that he fled the hospital on Jan. 26 and joined the Gaza Strip’s growing cadre of displaced medical workers.

“There was a lot of gunshots, a lot of destruction, and I had to leave because I have a big family I’m responsible for,” he said by phone from Rafah, where he now lives in a nylon tent. He described his experience to The Washington Post on the condition of anonymity to protect his safety.

The anesthesiologist fled Khan Younis with three other medical workers, but he was the only one to make it south to the relative safety of Rafah. Israeli forces controlled the war-broken roads thick with fleeing refugees, and the trek spooked his colleagues. They headed back to the hospital in two groups. One colleague was shot along the way, the anesthesiologist said.

He believes his three colleagues are now among the 70 doctors, nurses and medical technicians from Nasser Hospital that the Gaza Health Ministry says have been detained by Israeli forces. He thinks he made it through checkpoints because he was carrying a baby that he found abandoned in the chaos of the evacuation.

[COLOR=var(--wpds-colors-gray40)][/COLOR]

Larry Loungelizard

TL, DR.

J/k, well if after the war ends and it turns out all the missing medical workers are dead, I'll become antisemitic.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Not to be a doubting Thomas, but the source of the article, The Intercept, got a donation from Sam Bankman-Fried. Just for your consideration.
That makes everything they write incorrect? Or what?

FYI, I've been reading The Intercept for years. They have some very good investigative journalists. I don't think that asshole having made a donation impacts their journalistic goals.

Larry Loungelizard

That makes everything they write incorrect? Or what?

FYI, I've been reading The Intercept for years. They have some very good investigative journalists. I don't think that asshole having made a donation impacts their journalistic goals.
Ok, you have your news source. Noted.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Ok, you have your news source. Noted.

Here's another.

Israel has killed or injured 100,000 people – men, women and children – following the Hamas-led attack on southern Israel on October 7, in which 1,139 people were killed and 250 were taken captive.

Since then,
and killed 493 health workers, according to the World Health Organization (WHO) and Gaza Health Ministry, respectively. The former also
as a result of Israel’s war.

Another:

Last edited:
OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Shocked, shocked I am.
You're being obtuse. It's not cute.

2024-02-10T153747Z_837699658_RC2OZ5A0G9WR_RTRMADP_3_ISRAEL-PALESTINIANS-GAZA-CHILD-1024x683.jpg