Is This A Brown Bear Or A Kodiak?

It’s a brown bear
The hump is moar pronounced on a grizzly

Fun fact....

Kodiaks are a variety of brown bears.

Grizzlies are a variety of brown bears.

There are other varieties in North America.

There are varieties of brown bears in Europe and Asia.

But they are all the same species.
 
Fun fact....

Kodiaks are a variety of brown bears.

Grizzlies are a variety of brown bears.

There are other varieties in North America.

There are varieties of brown bears in Europe and Asia.

But they are all the same species.
I googled it too; it depends on the area found in, but generally you can tell a grizzly, they just tend to look like a Grizzly bear
 
I googled it too; it depends on the area found in, but generally you can tell a grizzly, they just tend to look like a Grizzly bear

I had done reading on this subject a number of times.

The last time was when I wanted to know what kinds (variety or subspecies) of brown bears there were when we did our Alaskan cruise a few years ago. But I have had a pretty decent grasp on it for decades.

I have a picture of 3 brown bears right beside me....I like bears.
 
I had done reading on this subject a number of times.

The last time was when I wanted to know what kinds (variety or subspecies) of brown bears there were when we did our Alaskan cruise a few years ago. But I have had a pretty decent grasp on it for decades.

I have a picture of 3 brown bears right beside me....I like bears.
Oh, so you googled it a while ago, I see
 
Oh, so you googled it a while ago, I see

Probably not. I am pretty sure I had this knowledge pre-Google.

One of the many advantages I have over many people is that I retain knowledge.
 
Probably not. I am pretty sure I had this knowledge pre-Google.

One of the many advantages I have over many people is that I retain knowledge.
And knew about google a while ago LOL
 
I had a close encounter with a bear in the Canadian wilderness.

It just about killed me.

I'm glad to still be alive & in 1 piece.