Looks Like Alticus Has To Give Up Carbonated Beverages

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
:Pissed5::Pissed5::Pissed5::Pissed5::Pissed5::Pissed5::Pissed5::Pissed5::Pissed5::Pissed5::Pissed5::Pissed5::Pissed5:

I've been drinking carbonated beverages for so long but recently within the last year or so they've been ripping my stomach to shreds. I even tried drinking less but it still burns. No more Mug root beer. This is going to suck big time. Apple juice and citrus based juices also burn. Looks like tap water for Alti now.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
This might be a bigger problem than you realize.

You should get it checked out.

Hey Prowler,

Good advice man. I'm considering making a phone appointment with my doctor about it. Don't want to play around with my stomach. Not at my age.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Hey Prowler,

Good advice man. I'm considering making a phone appointment with my doctor about it. Don't want to play around with my stomach. Not at my age.

He actually said something worthwhile for a change. You should definitely have your doctor look into this problem.

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
I third the getting it checked sentiment for the same reason I see foregoing sodas as a totally good thing for you.

I gave up sodas the year (1982/3?) I worked at Lakeside Amusement Park and got a good look at the canisters that held the syrups for making fountain sodas. Judging by all of the caution and hazard symbols (headlined by a big ass 'CORROSIVE' warning) one might think the stuff had been shipped straight from Fukushima.

That stuff's poison and if the sugar doesn't getcha the acidity will.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
I'll definitely call the doctor. I'm not one of those "Tough Guys" who feel invincible and don't bother seeing one only to later on end up in the hospital because the problem wasn't addressed when it should've been.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
Eat some Gaviscon if it's acidic , I am one of those don't go to doctor "tough guys" but even I know you don't mess with ulcers and acid reflux that shit can lead to bile and that'll burn hole in your stomach lining..
I never even thought of Gaviscon. I'll give it a try.

Moonpie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
My bil went through this and had lots of testing. He had to stop drinking beer (he's an alcoholic) been clean now a year. He still drinks Pepsi here and there but doing much better. Maybe just start getting the Mia and flavor your water to help if water isn't something you're used to drinking. Crystal light is good too. I hope you start to feel better.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
My bil went through this and had lots of testing. He had to stop drinking beer (he's an alcoholic) been clean now a year. He still drinks Pepsi here and there but doing much better. Maybe just start getting the Mia and flavor your water to help if water isn't something you're used to drinking. Crystal light is good too. I hope you start to feel better.
Gratz to your bil for keeping sober for a year. That's one hell of an achievement! Thank you for your kind words Moon.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
One thing I noticed in the US is that the food there is a lot harsher on the body than the stuff we eat here in Brazoo. I know Brazilians that drive 100 miles to do their grocery shopping in supermarkets that carry Brazilian food because they notice the difference in their health.

Last edited:

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️
HRCS = very very bad ;,( I avoid it. My preferred sweeteners are honey, maple syrup, fruit, or refuse to use.

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️
That is best. Perrier has those varieties too.
Sometimes I put a bit of cranberry juice in.