Looks Like I'm Off To Rehab

Looks like I'm the straw that broke the camel's back :GiggleBitch:
Ultimately, he did it to himself but I'm sure it was quite traumatic for him. I had my bit of trauma yesterday that could have led me to relapse. From Red Lion, I went to Sam's Club for gas and then Walmart. On a Friday! Maneuver from one end of that parking lot to the other and then shop around three corners of Walmart. It would have been real easy for me to pull out of there and go to the liquor store at the next light (@ Red Lobster/Lowe's/Giant) but I didn't. And I didn't stop at Rutter's on the way home for a pack of cigarettes. I was strong of mind and I survived.
 
Ultimately, he did it to himself but I'm sure it was quite traumatic for him. I had my bit of trauma yesterday that could have led me to relapse. From Red Lion, I went to Sam's Club for gas and then Walmart. On a Friday! Maneuver from one end of that parking lot to the other and then shop around three corners of Walmart. It would have been real easy for me to pull out of there and go to the liquor store at the next light (@ Red Lobster/Lowe's/Giant) but I didn't. And I didn't stop at Rutter's on the way home for a pack of cigarettes. I was strong of mind and I survived.

Booze and tobacco have their own challenges because they are so readily accessible...

When I was a kid, there was a pack of cigarettes in the fridge for years. I had no idea why and never thought anything of it. I was older when I learned that it was not normal to have a pack of cigarettes in the fridge.

My mom quit smoking and wanted the constant temptation easily accessible. I guess it helped limit the impulses she might have felt when out and about, because she was so used to controlling any impulses.
 
Booze and tobacco have their own challenges because they are so readily accessible...
Yeah, you can buy beer everywhere now. Pull into Rutter's for gas and see the neon beer signs on the windows, the beer is calling your name. That's what happened to a woman in the recovery group I was in. She had just gotten out of a rehab facility, her husband and son went through the house and garage to make sure there was no alcohol at home, she was happy to be home and out of rehab. Her first day in the group, she was asked how she was doing. Not good. The previous afternoon, she stopped at Rutter's for gas and couldn't stop herself from walking inside and buying a 6-pack. She went home and started drinking. Her husband came home from work and he was PISSED. She lasted a couple days and didn't come back the following week.
 
I was going to say something along those lines. I had to quit drinking for my own good. I'm the same person as I was before, no better and no worse. I'm just not drunk most of the time.
You're super quiet most of the time drunk or sober. :Happy5:

I rarely "drunk" post. Buzzed though? Yeah sure, no problem. But full blown steaming is never a good idea.

I'm not too proud to admit that on numerous occasions over the years (more in the early BF/YNC days) I've logged in a day or so later after a drunken postathon and cringed so hard I nearly burst a blood vessel.

Nevermind. Its a pity neither of us could blag Deadskin to come back here. His input would have caused a stir I'm sure.
 
Last edited: