Mass casualty event in Amazon warehouse

Levon

Philosopher King
Site Supporter
Oh and Bezos.....so I hear.....hasnt said a fucking word about his employees who died. Not a thing. Nothing to the families.

What a fucking dick.
This morning's news reported he made a statement about how "heartbroken" he and the Amazon team are over the tragic loss of their teammates. I almost barfed.

Maybe if he built his warehouses a little tighter instead of skimming money off of them to finance his joyrides in space, somebody might believe him.

That's what I think too.

They cut corners for their buildings.

WhY would a building collapse after just 2 years after construction? Must have been very flimsy.

I bet more than 1 of their buildings out there is a death trap which doesn't meet proper engineering standards.

Yea, that's how Capital works. The city fathers are so dazzled by the prospect of menial jobs and better real estate prices, they'll gladly look the other way while the "distribution center" is getting slapped together.

DDT

Factory Bastard
The building was probably built by illegal Mexicans. They probably cut every corner they could.

If you want it done right, you have to hire White! We're more expensive though, and some don't want to pay the premium for that.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
He is a shitty person who doesnt care about his employees.

Money isnt an excuse for being a shit person.

But Amazon doesnt think so & calls his Warehouses 'Fulfillment Centers'

amazon-new-fulfillment-center.jpg

....tho it seems their physical appearance resembles a description of 'the Ministry of Love' in George Orwell's 1984:

amznfc9-630x473.jpg

"The Ministry of Love was the really frightening one. There were no windows in it at all. Winston had never been inside the Ministry of Love, nor within half a kilometer of it. It was a place impossible to enter except on official business, and then only by penetrating through a maze of barbed-wire entanglements, steel doors, and hidden machine-guns nests. Even the streets leading up to its outer barriers were roamed by gorilla-faced guards in black uniforms, armed with jointed truncheons."

George Orwell, 1984

Last edited:

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I am willing to bet the construction was up to code and that local code takes tornados in to account. Just not direct hits from the strongest type. Even here in California we have earthquake standards but they are designed for what is believed to be once I 100 year standards. If it happens to be that strong B closer the building will fail. If it is stronger the building will fail. All of you who keep claiming the co structure was substandard probably ly have no idea what you are talking about.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I am willing to bet the construction was up to code and that local code takes tornados in to account. Just not direct hits from the strongest type. Even here in California we have earthquake standards but they are designed for what is believed to be once I 100 year standards. If it happens to be that strong B closer the building will fail. If it is stronger the building will fail. All of you who keep claiming the co structure was substandard probably ly have no idea what you are talking about.

Be interesting what forensic analysis comes up with.

How come other similar structures didn't collapse like that?

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
So they really do lock their employees in a wage cage? Amazon employees really should unionize, so they can break free of the wage cage...

Yes, unionizing would be the right thing to do. But the billionaires use some of their billions to fight unions tooth and claw.
Moronic cunt, NOT shopping at Walmart and Amazon is the right thing to do!

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Be interesting what forensic analysis comes up with.

How come other similar structures didn't collapse like that?

Could just be the path of the tornado and what the tornado threw at the building.

• Interesting
Reactions: Joe
OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
So they really do lock their employees in a wage cage? Amazon employees really should unionize, so they can break free of the wage cage...

Yes, unionizing would be the right thing to do. But the billionaires use some of their billions to fight unions tooth and claw.

Did I suggest shopping there, @Lokmar or @Levon ? No, I did not. Who's the moron here?

That being said, the people working there need jobs, so ultimately, the right thing to do is to increase their wages, not make their jobs obsolete.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Apparently the nightshift workers were told that they would be fired if they went home before the storm. LOL

They were all, like, "We will just go in the basement when the storm hits."

Then when the storm hit, they were all, like, "What do you mean there is no basement???!?!?"

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Did I suggest shopping there, @Lokmar or @Levon ? No, I did not. Who's the moron here?

That being said, the people working there need jobs, so ultimately, the right thing to do is to increase their wages, not make their jobs obsolete.

When you increase wages you just provide a financial incentive to automate people out of a job. There should be no minimum wage at all and the market should decide. That is how you maximize employment and provide a market incentive to invest in ghetto areas where costs are lower but the available workforce is poorly skilled. Also the new work experience also helps the poorly skilled become better skilled and better experienced so that they too can become productive members of society.

DDT

Factory Bastard
When you increase wages you just provide a financial incentive to automate people out of a job. There should be no minimum wage at all and the market should decide. That is how you maximize employment and provide a market incentive to invest in ghetto areas where costs are lower but the available workforce is poorly skilled. Also the new work experience also helps the poorly skilled become better skilled and better experienced so that they too can become productive members of society.
What you propose is free market economics.

When you flood millions of beaners into said market, while exporting your own market to China, the free market economy doesn't hold so much weight anymore...

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Control the border to stop illegal immigration as well as the illegal drug trade and things instantly get much better. Also, as Communist China cheats with illegal subsidies tariff them much harder and that problem decreases.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

YOU people are the morons. YOU people shop there. If YOU people didnt shop there, amazon wouldnt exist. FACT!!!!

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
But the billionaires use some of their billions to fight unions tooth and claw.
And install political dupe like BIden who will help them in their cause

Remember, Amazon donates to your side of the fence, moron

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
Apparently the nightshift workers were told that they would be fired if they went home before the storm. LOL
Let's keep in Mind that Jeff Bezos is a lefty and supports leftist candidates

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

We need to understand that people are more efficient now and more people are in the workforce, so we have way more production capacity. We need to make some big picture changes. I started a few threads a few weeks ago about this.

Right now, one solution to being more efficient is to make poor quality products so they break quicker. But that has a lot of negative impacts.

Right now we "do not see the forest for the trees".

These discussions of small picture problems are keeping everyone from seeing the fundamental problems with the system we have in-place.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Control the border to stop illegal immigration as well as the illegal drug trade and things instantly get much better. Also, as Communist China cheats with illegal subsidies tariff them much harder and that problem decreases.

Protectionism.

Like Portugal, right LettuceButt?

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
What you propose is free market economics.

When you flood millions of beaners into said market, while exporting your own market to China, the free market economy doesn't hold so much weight anymore...

....and a Lotta crime with people ripping each other off cuz they're all racing to the bottom trying to undercut each other.

The social contract breaks down & ya end up with another Mexico or some shithole country.

Terrible deal for the worker.