Ocean Segments...

Admin.

All that glitters, is not gold.
Site Supporter ☠️
261466717_4796753027012699_5688872884759320562_n.jpg

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Every thing ocean-orientated....from recreational sports and hobbies to ocean life and ecology.

I didn’t know SanDiego had such nice little slabs @Seamajor ?

It has been known as a surfing destination since the 1950's when the sport first was discovered outside Hawaii. A lot of Navy sailors brought it here because they'd get based in Hawaii then later in their career get moved to San Diego. All the beaches on shore get packed these days but several of the islands see light use where you can get the whole place to yourself.

The two biggest "holy grails" of surf spots are really hard to get to. One is located on San Clemente island which is 100% owned by the navy and is used as a live fire target area and so is absolutely off limits to the public but being and outer island gets epic waves which people risk arrest to surf. The other is, if I remember the name correctly, 100 mile bank (or 100 mile shoal) which is a barely submerged sland which close to the surface of the sea. That is tow in only surfing and world class, it set world records for wave height back in the day, but so many have died trying to surf the monster waves there it is now heavily regulated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Breakfall

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Me having some fun circa 1990, Durban, South Africa…

lblkxuR.jpg

Same session with my board shorts around my neck…going naked for the tourists watching from the pier. Lol

wvE1pF6.jpg