Oh joy! It's the season of flying reindeer and pregnant virgins!

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
Saw this on the front of a Christmas card.

Inside the card: "Give me a fucking break!"

Christmas-despisers of the world, unite!

Vent your holiday spleen in this thread.

This time, it's war!

:FU::WTF6:

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I'm disgusted with Christmas. I propose we have a "Christian Revival" of sorts all month long in December where we apply God's Law on all those who fuck up during the month. I of course nominate myself for Grand Inquisitor!!!!

OP
OP
Blurt

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
I cannot participate. I freaking love Christmas. Oh well...

To be honest, I'm not so much a Christmas despiser as I am a Christmas eccentric.

The fewer people at the table, the better.

Little to no travelling just to be with people who ignore me the rest of the year.

Buy yourself your own presents; never be disappointed.

Light a candle and a stick of sandalwood incense, eliminate distractions, center yourself, and reflect on the year about to die.

Raven would probably say it again: I don't get invited to parties much.

For someone like me, who doesn't touch drugs and who drinks very little, that could be a Christmas blessing in disguise.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
My grandmother always said: the smaller the guest list… the grander the affair!

A letter from Joseph to Mary:

Dear Mary,

Just admit that you cheated. This is getting absurd.

Sincerely,

Joseph

OP
OP
Blurt

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
Mary's reply to Joseph:

Dear Joseph,

Where were you when the Sadducees came to collect the rent?

We need another donkey now.

Your loving wife,

Mary

OP
OP
Blurt

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
Who said anything about Jesus?

We're talking about Christmas. Nothing to do with Jesus.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
Mary's reply to Joseph:

Dear Joseph,

Where were you when the Sadducees came to collect the rent?

We need another donkey now.

Your loving wife,

Mary

Did you know that in 2020, we had the first star of Bethlehem occurrence in over 1,000 years? It’s actually a Jupiter phenomenon. I thought it was a miracle considering the pandemic just kicked off. This star guided the kings through the desert to bring baby Jesus gold, frankincense and myrrh in December… which I find to be truly part of the miracle.

I love Christmas :Happy5:

OP
OP
Blurt

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
Tinsel here, shiny balls there, everywhere windows decorated with snow out of a can.

Festivus is where it's at.

I'm guessing I've come to the right place for the traditional Airing of Grievances.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I cannot participate. I freaking love Christmas. Oh well...

To be honest, I'm not so much a Christmas despiser as I am a Christmas eccentric.

The fewer people at the table, the better.

Little to no travelling just to be with people who ignore me the rest of the year.

Buy yourself your own presents; never be disappointed.

Light a candle and a stick of sandalwood incense, eliminate distractions, center yourself, and reflect on the year about to die.

Raven would probably say it again: I don't get invited to parties much.

For someone like me, who doesn't touch drugs and who drinks very little, that could be a Christmas blessing in disguise.

We're on the same page, Blurt. I am not a reveler in the traditional way either. I may have some egg nog with a spirit, but that's about it. I don't buy gifts for anyone but the children in my extended family (they're kids), my mom (only elder I have left), my kids and my grandson. This year I am buying my nuclear family all a trip to Disney at a later date.

I don't ask for or need anything myself. I value sentimental gifts or experiences.

OP
OP
Blurt

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
Yep.

I've already got my two front teeth so I'm good.

One thing I do do, though, is buy a friend or a close family member a gift out of the blue any old time of the year. They're sometimes taken aback, exclaining, "What's this for?" And the (very simple) answer is always the same: "I cherish you and just wanted you to know that thoughts of you never stray too far from my mind."

Why wait for a deal on goods or services? Let 'em know nao! Tomorrow might never come.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Yep.

I've already got my two front teeth so I'm good.

One thing I do do, though, is buy a friend or a close family member a gift out of the blue any old time of the year. They're sometimes taken aback, exclaining, "What's this for?" And the (very simple) answer is always the same: "I cherish you and just wanted you to know that thoughts of you never stray too far from my mind."

Why wait for a deal on goods or services? Let 'em know nao! Tomorrow might never come.

I also buy little things for people that are closest to me, also just because. Giving is extraordinarily more enjoyable than receiving.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
This year I am buying my nuclear family all a trip to Disney at a later date.

Sounds awesome.

Never been to either Disney park. Mebbe some day.

My grandson is old enough to go and remember the experience and to probably avoid any meltdowns! I am booking to stay at the Disney Hotel. There's a character breakfast. He'll be awed.

OP
OP
Blurt

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
Yeah, the kids are in for trippy ride, no doubt.

Never been much of a Disney person m'self. I've seen a few handfuls of their animation films, both classic and contemporary, but I was too old by the time tie-in merch started flooding toy store shelves.

And, believe it or not, I've never asked my parents for a Beauty costume for Halloween (nor for a Beast costume, for that matter).

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Yeah, the kids are in for trippy ride, no doubt.

Never been much of a Disney person m'self. I've seen a few handfuls of their animation films, both classic and contemporary, but I was too old by the time tie-in merch started flooding toy store shelves.

And, believe it or not, I've never asked my parents for a Beauty costume for Halloween (nor for a Beast costume, for that matter).

I don't know Blurt, I think you could carry off that golden silk myself. ;)

OP
OP
Blurt

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
Ha ha!

I feel more like Carl Fredricksen these days. :LOL3:

OP
OP
Blurt

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
Goddamn but it feels good to have a regular convo on these boards, I gotta say!