Planned Short Life Span of Products

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Don't start in with me, Prowler. And don't put words in my mouth. I'm trying to support your thread.

Big of you. I've seen his new threads the last day or so and thought it best to stay away from his unpleasant ass.

I try not to jump to conclusions prematurely, where people I've known before are concerned.

I base my conclusions on evidence. He posts at this forum I'll have you know.

Last edited:

Levon

Philosopher King
Site Supporter
Don't start in with me, Prowler. And don't put words in my mouth. I'm trying to support your thread.

Big of you. I've seen his new threads the last day or so and thought it best to stay away from his unpleasant ass.

I try not to jump to conclusions prematurely, where people I've known before are concerned.

I base my conclusions based on evidence. He posts at this forum I'll have you know.
That's fine, I'm not arguing with you. Maybe we have different agendas in this case.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I base my conclusions based on evidence. He posts at this forum I'll have you know.
That's fine, I'm not arguing with you. Maybe we have different agendas in this case.

It's difficult to have a conversation with a guy that wants to dominate individuals by humping ankles like a rabid Chihuahua. Even if the topic is moderately interesting, it loses any value when I look at the jackass posting it.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Right from Doc Martens' Web Page:

"It is impossible to recount the history of Dr. Martens without reference to Skinheads. Around in some form as early as 1964, this youth subculture were the first to adopt… "

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

those look like British skinheads.

I think the North American kind would wear big heavy boots so they could look bigger and tougher.

"Larry Mizen' - go look him up Prowler. Couldn't see him ever so much as looking at a pair of Doc Martens.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

It's difficult to have a conversation with a guy that wants to dominate individuals by humping ankles like a rabid Chihuahua. Even if the topic is moderately interesting, it loses any value when I look at the jackass posting it.

Plus he only thinks there's one answer to every subjective question or topic.

and if you don't provide the answer he wants he gets all upset.

That's not even how policy or strategy is achieved in a large organization.

I assume within the context of this thread we are in the equivalent of 'a brainstorming session' in which various individuals or stakeholders introduce or hash out new ideas or possible answers to various problems.

The answer is not whatever the host panelists wants it to be.

It's eliminating possibilities to attain the proper answer.

A consensus is reached and a solution is devised to solve a problem at hand.

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Shut up, Joe.

I asked one question in the OP. You did not even attempt to answer it. Your communication skills suck shit.

And then you start talking our of your ass about "the North American kind" of skinhead.

Fuckin' Joe thinks any bald dude with a black T-shirt is a skinhead.

When I solicit original thought, I do not mean make up a bunch of bullshit.

The creative writing class is down the hall, Joe. Here we try to deal with nonfiction.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Shut up, Joe.

I asked one question in the OP. You did not even attempt to answer it. Your communication skills suck shit.

And then you start talking our of your ass about "the North American kind" of skinhead.

The creative writing class is down the hall, Joe. Here we try to deal with nonfiction.

...but you have a tendency to lose your temper very easily, Prowler.

...which is not the sign of an effective moderator leading a discussion or meeting.

Plus you yourself go off topic.

ie - what does this comment have to do with the OP?

"Are you an old school skinhead, Joe?"

Therefore, its evident that you've gone way off topic which was:

"Is it likely that some products are manufactured with known defects intended to break shortly after the warranty period is up?

If so, what are the short, mid, and long term effects of this practice?"

...so you're the one who veered off and hijacked your own thread or OP, Prowler.

Not me.

Is it any wonder that your 'guests' can't follow you?

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Here are some guidelines towards conducting more effective meetings and leading them Prowler:

Seven Steps to Running the Most Effective Meeting Possible
  1. Consider who is invited. When you're calling a meeting, take time to think about who really needs to be there. ...
  2. Stick to your schedule. ...
  3. Take no hostages. ...
  4. Start on time, end on time. ...
  5. Ban technology. ...
  6. Follow up

OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
"meetings"

Hahahaha!!!

What is funny is that if a meeting were being called, Joe would never be considered past Step 1.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
"meetings"

Hahahaha!!!

What is funny is that if a meeting were being called, Joe would never be considered past Step 1.

A large part of the problem is that many others don't understand you.

Because you FAIL to clearly state your objectives and FAIL to stick to your agenda, nobody understands what the Fuck you say, Idiot.

Here's an example of your inability to communicate properly with others.

This was pointed out by somebody else, not me.

Here read it for yourself.

So do you suggest a 20 hour week? A 60 hour week?

Start off by listing some of your issues, so we don't have to be Gypsy glass ball mind readers!

So reality is - you're just a silly fucking idiot who doesn't have the expertise about the topics he starts, nor able to find the answers needed, because your just a fucking silly idiot, Prowler.

So...I just proved my point. You don't know how to express yourself clearly nor do your threads go anywhere because you simply don't what you're trying to ask nor what you are trying to achieve.

so get fucking brain, Idiot.

and quite playing fucking mind games with us.

Is that CLEAR to you Prowler?

Last edited:

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
The question is simply too large and complex for a forum like this.

Is it the type of forum, or is it the quality of posters?

I did want to see if some of the people here can put two and two together and come up with some of their own thoughts. Even just something general like "Well that is a waste of natural resources. Things should be built to last for the sake of the environment."

Some people here consistently post up articles and do not even lend their own thoughts or criticisms or anything.

They seem to have this attitude "Look, it says <something> right here in black and white. It must be true. I agree 100%."

It is interesting to me that many people here will "tackle" complex issues that are current discussions amongst their favourite celebrity commentator (and just "so happen" agree 100% with whatever they heard from that commentator), but they will not even attempt to tackle a complex issue that is just as relevant to our current society, but not trending with their leadership.

We all aren't long for this earth...

Soft wars will eventually turn into hard wars, ever escalating, and we'll think of Chernobyl and Fukushima as the "good times"....

So when people talk about the short life span of products, it doesn't really factor into my way of thinking.... some products you should pay more for now while you can for quality's sake.

Most products, it doesn't really matter.... it's all going to be toast.

OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
A large part of the problem is wahhh wahhhhhh wahhhhhhhhh

Start off by listing some of your issues, so we don't have to be Gypsy glass ball mind readers!

wahhh wahhhhhh wahhhhhhhhh

That was asked and answered:

I am not interested in discussing possible solutions until there is some effort put forth to identify problems. I am not asking anyone to read my mind. I am hoping that people will be able to use their own minds.

You do not have original thoughts to share, Joe.

Stop beating yourself up over it.

But also, stop spewing nonsense like your "skinhead" comments. It is a little annoying to have to constantly correct you.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
A large part of the problem is wahhh wahhhhhh wahhhhhhhhh

wahhh wahhhhhh wahhhhhhhhh

That was asked and answered:

I am not interested in discussing possible solutions until there is some effort put forth to identify problems. I am not asking anyone to read my mind. I am hoping that people will be able to use their own minds.

You do not have original thoughts to share, Joe.

Stop beating yourself up over it.

But also, stop spewing nonsense like your "skinhead" comments. It is a little annoying to have to constantly correct you.

And yet I proved my point.

Others have difficulty understanding you too.

I don't have comprehension issues.

But you have difficulty expressing yourself in a clear & coherent manner.

And you are unable to stick to an agenda.

You a successful businessman?

I don't think so. You cant even get to the point let alone know where to start.

Case closed.

OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

Soft wars will eventually turn into hard wars, ever escalating, and we'll think of Chernobyl and Fukushima as the "good times"....

So when people talk about the short life span of products, it doesn't really factor into my way of thinking.... some products you should pay more for now while you can for quality's sake.

If your belief is that "We all aren't long for this earth..." then it makes sense that you are not really concerned with the damage the overproduction and needless disposal of consumer products may or may not cause.

Hahahaha!!

I would have expected some of the SJW types who claim to be concerned for the health of the planet to have some good input. We might even have broadened the scope of the discussion into the detrimental effects of so many other modern practices that are harming the environment and some people might have learned something new.

Instead I get Joe saying "Boots Made in China are not as good as boots Made in England." His concept of long-term effects stretches out to the life span of his pair of boots. Fuckin' idiot. But I already knew that.

Oh yeah, and Levon wanted to explain why businesses would want to capitalize on their established reputation of making quality products. I mean, as he said, at least he tried to contribute to the thread. But it really did not address my question.

If so, what are the short, mid, and long term effects of this practice?

This was really a bit of a test to the SJW type people here. A somewhat opened-ended question like that can be used to see where people's minds really are at.

SJWs, if they were sincere about their passions, would be expected to gravitate to subjects like the environmental impact and the exploitation of cheap labour. I thought Joe was headed in that direction when he mentioned boots being made in China, but his concern turned out to be "cheap boots" and not "children working is sweat shops". Hahaha!!!!

Anyways, SJWs like The Leaker and Murdock have never shown any ability beyond regurgitating the talking points they hear on MSNBC or CNN, or throwing out cheap personal insults. I did not really expect them to show up to a conversation that might involve critical thought.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

If your belief is that "We all aren't long for this earth..." then it makes sense that you are not really concerned with the damage the overproduction and needless disposal of consumer products may or may not cause.

Hahahaha!!

I would have expected some of the SJW types who claim to be concerned for the health of the planet to have some good input. We might even have broadened the scope of the discussion into the detrimental effects of so many other modern practices that are harming the environment and some people might have learned something new.

Instead I get Joe saying "Boots Made in China are not as good as boots Made in England." His concept of long-term effects stretches out to the life span of his pair of boots. Fuckin' idiot. But I already knew that.

Oh yeah, and Levon wanted to explain why businesses would want to capitalize on their established reputation of making quality products. I mean, as he said, at least he tried to contribute to the thread. But it really did not address my question.

If so, what are the short, mid, and long term effects of this practice?

This was really a bit of a test to the SJW type people here. A somewhat opened-ended question like that can be used to see where people's minds really are at.

SJWs, if they were sincere about their passions, would be expected to gravitate to subjects like the environmental impact and the exploitation of cheap labour. I thought Joe was headed in that direction when he mentioned boots being made in China, but his concern turned out to be "cheap boots" and not "children working is sweat shops". Hahaha!!!!

Anyways, SJWs like The Leaker and Murdock have never shown any ability beyond regurgitating the talking points they hear on MSNBC or CNN, or throwing out cheap personal insults. I did not really expect them to show up to a conversation that might involve critical thought.

I get where you're coming from...but I'm nonplussed.

Obsolescence is a way of life now. There are still Chalmers and Deere tractors from nearly a century ago being used to till patches.... yet one of my relatives who is a few years older than me runs a great big sweeping farm and he can't source parts for his GPS guided smart combines that drive themselves, with air con and a mega sound system, and probably never drove any earlier model than a 1970's....

Smart fellow too...

I'm no farmer but I did farm work after school and learnt how to run a crank start tractor without losing a hand or getting a broken neck...

A lot of the tractors didn't have pneumatic rubber wheels and would run on near corn liquor.

So if I have a contempt for anything, it's because my relative is sweating for tyres, circuit boards, and petrochemicals....

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
People want cheap, and aren't willing to pay the equivalent price today for what a 1950's Kelvinator fridge would've cost, even though the Kelvinator would run for 50 years...

Good post Mel. Couldn’t agree more. There is always a nasty pay back, buying cheap shit.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
People want cheap, and aren't willing to pay the equivalent price today for what a 1950's Kelvinator fridge would've cost, even though the Kelvinator would run for 50 years...

Good post Mel. Couldn’t agree more. There is always a nasty pay back, buying cheap shit.

Ironic....for a Progressive to say....

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
Who is this DD you keep referring to ?
Anyone remember the Fram saying"pay me now or pay me later" as it turns out Fram is one of the worse filters you can buy!

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Plus he only thinks there's one answer to every subjective question or topic.

and if you don't provide the answer he wants he gets all upset.

That's not even how policy or strategy is achieved in a large organization.

I assume within the context of this thread we are in the equivalent of 'a brainstorming session' in which various individuals or stakeholders introduce or hash out new ideas or possible answers to various problems.

The answer is not whatever the host panelists wants it to be.

It's eliminating possibilities to attain the proper answer.

A consensus is reached and a solution is devised to solve a problem at hand.

He's an asshole, plain and simple.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Shut up, Joe.

...but you have a tendency to lose your temper very easily, Prowler.

...which is not the sign of an effective moderator leading a discussion or meeting.

Plus you yourself go off topic.

ie - what does this comment have to do with the OP?

"Are you an old school skinhead, Joe?"

Therefore, its evident that you've gone way off topic which was:

"Is it likely that some products are manufactured with known defects intended to break shortly after the warranty period is up?

If so, what are the short, mid, and long term effects of this practice?"

...so you're the one who veered off and hijacked your own thread or OP, Prowler.

Not me.

Is it any wonder that your 'guests' can't follow you?
Josephine, its cause you're a fukin faggit.

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️
I bet it was a fun time being a kid in the 70's and 80's as a skin head. Those drippy hippies look like the equivalent of today's beta soyboys.
Not when you go to footie and the old bill hassle you constantly and confiscate your laces.

OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Who is this DD you keep referring to ?
Anyone remember the Fram saying"pay me now or pay me later" as it turns out Fram is one of the worse filters you can buy!

Lots of videos there saying Fram are shit.

I always buy the Fram filters for Synthetic oil. My buddy says he always buys OEM. I think I might be switching...

OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Anytime I recognize a problem and am told "This is how it is done. This is why it is done that way." I think "Is there a way to do it differently that fixes the problem while still filling all the needs and hopefully do it all more efficiently."

As a systems analyst, software engineer, etc. this is what I did all the time.

I do think that government should have limited power. But I also think that governments have a responsibility to organize, and if society recognizes a problem, the government should help citizens organize and fix problems.

Environmental issues are a real concern. But the causes of them have been simplified to the level of understanding of the common voter. The average common voter is stupid, but politicians need votes. I mean, most politicians are stupid too.

We might just be fucked.