Porsche Taycan (EV) Drives from NY to LA on 2.5 Hours Cumulative Charge time

Admin.

The Flying Fickle Finger Of Fate.
Site Supporter ☠️
adabf4d161b1a0b4cde6203e6848e9a974450217.jpeg

A Porsche Taycan has broken the Guiness World Record for the shortest charging time to cross the United States in an EV. It needed just under 2.5 hours of cumulative charge time to cover almost 3,000 miles from LA to NY

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

pwned.png

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I still wouldn't buy one.
What if there's no access to electrical power? Like in Texas last year.

Best to get a hybrid so if the electric grid breaks down you can still have the gas option.

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

Best to get a hybrid so if the electric grid breaks down you can still have the gas option.
What do you do in a gas car and you're in the middle of the desert?

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I'D wanna have a vehicle that could rely on multiple sources of fuel. Propane, gas, electric.

They have those. You just flick the switch and choose your fuel source

You need a backup if you go long distances and are caught in the middle of nowhere.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

No matter what fuel option you have, you are bitched if you run out in the middle of nowhere. I guess you could make the argument that electric could give you an option of solar charging, but that would not be feasible. A day of sunlight would probably only move you a few feet.

That Porsche is impressive. But you cannot argue that the relatively short range is not a concern. Fully charged you can only expect to travel about 200 miles. In my Jeep Grand Cherokee you can be confident to get 600 miles on a full tank of gas.

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

No matter what fuel option you have, you are bitched if you run out in the middle of nowhere. I guess you could make the argument that electric could give you an option of solar charging, but that would not be feasible. A day of sunlight would probably only move you a few feet.

That Porsche is impressive. But you cannot argue that the relatively short range is not a concern. Fully charged you can only expect to travel about 200 miles. In my Jeep Grand Cherokee you can be confident to get 600 miles on a full tank of gas.
How often in your day to day life do you need a 600 mile range?

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

Very, very rarely. But 250 miles is only a few hours into a remote area and a few hours back. Most people with that Porsche will probably have other option in their garage if they are going into a remote area.

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

Very, very rarely. But 250 miles is only a few hours into a remote area and a few hours back. Most people with that Porsche will probably have other option in their garage if they are going into a remote area.
Exactly if your a road warrior seeing clients from town to town, the Taycan isn't the car for you. If you're like 90% of car owners just going to work, to the grocer and the odd night out....it might fit in your stable. I sold cars, I sold high dollar diesel pickups to guys for their daily driver, as the commuter car. And I've sold Geo Metros to people wanting to drive cross country and see America.

PS, yeah most people with any Porsche model typically have more than one driver.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

A Porsche Taycan has broken the Guiness World Record for the shortest charging time to cross the United States in an EV. It needed just under 2.5 hours of cumulative charge time to cover almost 3,000 miles from LA to NY

pwned.png
LOL! Gotta stop every 225 miles! I dont even stop that often in my gas guzzling supercar! PWN3D!

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

pwned.png
LOL! Gotta stop every 225 miles! I dont even stop that often in my gas guzzling supercar! PWN3D!
There's an ass for ever seat, Shitbird. Trust me on that.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

pwned.png
Trust me, my gas stops from LA to NY would be about 1/2 hour. Hell, I drive from Springfield IL to Orlando in under 13 hours! Aint doing that in an electric terd!

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

pwned.png
Trust me, my gas stops from LA to NY would be about 1/2 hour. Hell, I drive from Springfield IL to Orlando in under 13 hours! Aint doing that in an electric terd!
LMFAO@U

Tesla Plaid 0-60 1.9 seconds, the quarter in 9.5

I love the roar of a revved out big block too, but it is fast becoming a dinosaur.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

pwned.png
LMFAO@U

I love the roar of a revved out big block too, but it is fast becoming a dinosaur.

EV are great in a straight line. Its a full second faster than my car in the 1/4. That thing wouldnt stand a chance against me on a road course.

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

pwned.png
LMFAO@U

EV are great in a straight line. Its a full second faster than my car in the 1/4. That thing wouldnt stand a chance against me on a road course.

not at present, there is a video of one on the Nurburgring Todays Gold Standard and it is not sharp in the corners, but I am sure in time Elon, or who ever, maybe Ford or GM? will make models better suited to "motor sports"

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
The magic of an electric motor is your peak torque is immediate, not having to get your rev range up there, just punch it, and hang on. The above lap the tesla does it in 7 minutes 35 seconds which not at all shabby, the cream of the crop hyper-cars are now competing to see how far under the 7 minute mark they can get. The Turbo 911's are getting under 7 times.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

pwned.png
LMFAO@U

not at present, there is a video of one on the Nurburgring Todays Gold Standard and it is not sharp in the corners, but I am sure in time Elon, or who ever, maybe Ford or GM? will make models better suited to "motor sports"

My car set a faster lap. So did a shit ton of others.

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
Heres a 6.56 lap in a GT3 RS, a barely street legal Racing Porsche you can technically buy off the shelf.

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

pwned.png
LMFAO@U

My car set a faster lap. So did a shit ton of others.

That's what I said, Tesla is not building race cars yet, they are focusing on the retail mass market, but ever car maker wants the halo of a race car, so I am sure Tesla is more than likely working on one now.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The biggest problem with these electric cars is weight and battery capacity. They're excellent at setting hero laps going around a track but they run out of charge after a short time of full out racing on a road course plus the weight kills the tires. What makes the Porsche so nuts is its 3100lbs and has 700hp. Tires last longer, brakes last longer. When they get a tesla under 3700lbs and the battery capacity up, they'll definitely be a contender. I suspect in another 10 years, EV will change racing completely.

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
The biggest problem with these electric cars is weight and battery capacity. They're excellent at setting hero laps going around a track but they run out of charge after a short time of full out racing on a road course plus the weight kills the tires. What makes the Porsche so nuts is its 3100lbs and has 700hp. Tires last longer, brakes last longer. When they get a tesla under 3700lbs and the battery capacity up, they'll definitely be a contender. I suspect in another 10 years, EV will change racing completely.
That is still an issue, but there are some very smart people in the world working on the battery issue right now. This is the future. (imho)

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
I have an old Gen. 3 4Runner, it's a gas hog, but I plan to hang on to it, even though I haven't used it much in a couple years. I might jack it up and put big off road tires on it, for fun, before I sell, i see some of these going for stupid money on Autotrader.