Porsche Taycan (EV) Drives from NY to LA on 2.5 Hours Cumulative Charge time

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I suspect ICE's will continue to evolve. Direct Injection has made a huge difference in the power they make. Also, the Camaro ZL1 has a 10 speed auto that keeps the car in the powerband continuously.

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

The Flying Fickle Finger Of Fate.
Site Supporter ☠️
I suspect ICE's will continue to evolve. Direct Injection has made a huge difference in the power they make. Also, the Camaro ZL1 has a 10 speed auto that keeps the car in the powerband continuously.
I know the American Muscle Cars have been doing amazing things, my Nephew has one of the late model hotrod Chryslers, I can't remember if its the charger or what, but I guess he only tracks it, and that only 3-4 times a year.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
adabf4d161b1a0b4cde6203e6848e9a974450217.jpeg

A Porsche Taycan has broken the Guiness World Record for the shortest charging time to cross the United States in an EV. It needed just under 2.5 hours of cumulative charge time to cover almost 3,000 miles from LA to NY

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

pwned.png

That's pretty darn good. Now, when they have an affordable car that does that, I'll be first in line.

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
adabf4d161b1a0b4cde6203e6848e9a974450217.jpeg

A Porsche Taycan has broken the Guiness World Record for the shortest charging time to cross the United States in an EV. It needed just under 2.5 hours of cumulative charge time to cover almost 3,000 miles from LA to NY

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

pwned.png

That's pretty darn good. Now, when they have an affordable car that does that, I'll be first in line.
Yeah they're a little rich for my blood too, but I love the idea....and driving an electric car is a whole other experience.

0-60 in 4 seconds is still a pretty fast car, the upscale plaid model Tesla does the 60 in less than half of that.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Yet you have no store of power...

You might as well swear an oath of total allegiance to your leaders.....

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
Ride along as a Taycan silently takes on "Das Ring"

this is a prototype model, not tuned as hot as the Taycan "Turbo S" 7.42 on the ring, quietly.

Last edited:

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
160 litres in the vehicle

60 litres at home

(Diesel)

23 kg of lpg

30 litres of petrol

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

this is a prototype model, not tuned as hot as the Taycan "Turbo S" 7.42 on the ring, quietly.

I have to admit, I think I could drive this to the limit better than my ICE Supercar. The lack of engine noise would make it easier to concentrate on the tire noise and road feedback. I'm an amateur road course driver and I never realized how important even the feedback you get in your feet is...and I'm not talking about through the brake either. The vibrations through your shoes are important to know what the car is doing.

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

I have to admit, I think I could drive this to the limit better than my ICE Supercar. The lack of engine noise would make it easier to concentrate on the tire noise and road feedback. I'm an amateur road course driver and I never realized how important even the feedback you get in your feet is...and I'm not talking about through the brake either. The vibrations through your shoes are important to know what the car is doing.

It's like driving some star trek shit, in comparison for the reasons your just said, there is very little almost no vibration from the motors either.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I have an old Gen. 3 4Runner, it's a gas hog, but I plan to hang on to it, even though I haven't used it much in a couple years. I might jack it up and put big off road tires on it, for fun, before I sell, i see some of these going for stupid money on Autotrader.

I loved our 4Runners...

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
Fragile little underperforming cult symbols....
In what 3rd world shithole is 0-60 in 1.9 seconds "underperforming"?
I bet it doesn't do 0-60 in that time when the Burrito Bison is at the wheel...
Thank you for that highly relevant contribution to the growing world of the EV
I've said my part... Hardly swerving off course is it considering you've been calling people a nonce in the general section... Confused?

Carry on sailor! beep beep vroom vroom