Rick Derringer - 77 YoA

Good goin, @Reggie_Essent . You mentioned the guy...now he's dead.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
I was at a concert at the RKO Theater in Davenport, Iowa in 1977. Rick Derringer was supposed to be the headliner after Black Oak Arkansas opened, but Derringer bailed. Instead we were treated to Sammy Hagar who stepped in at the last minute. When they announced that Derringer wouldn't be there, a lot of people booed, so when Sammy came on, he said that everyone that booed can go fuck themselves, and then proceeded to rock the place out.
 
I never 'got' the appeal for him. He had one song and I thought it was cheesy as fuck.

BTW, I guess Sammy Hagar is kind of cheesy but I've always liked him.
 
I never 'got' the appeal for him. He had one song and I thought it was cheesy as fuck.

BTW, I guess Sammy Hagar is kind of cheesy but I've always liked him.
Who? Derringer? I was there to see Black Oak Arkansas. They were big just then. Sammy was a bonus for me because that was just after the Montrose era.

The chick in that Sloopy video is kinda hot though.

He played with both of the Winter Brothers
Sammy or Derringer? I didn't know that if it was either.