Saudade

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
@rancidmilko

I learned of this concept watching an HBO series called the Atlas of Love by Brene Brown. She gives a series of 5 one hour lectures with an audience. An audience member that is Brazilian brought up this feeling word.

It's a wonderful word if I understand it correctly. A sense of nostalgia for a time and place that cannot be recreated. There is no such word for it.

Interestingly, Germans also have very specific words for everything including feeling words. I picked up on freudenfreude in the same lecture. Joy in someone else's joy. That is one of the best feelings too.

Admin.

The Flying Fickle Finger Of Fate.
Site Supporter ☠️
@rancidmilko

I learned of this concept watching an HBO series called the Atlas of Love by Brene Brown. She gives a series of 5 one hour lectures with an audience. An audience member that is Brazilian brought up this feeling word.

It's a wonderful word if I understand it correctly. A sense of nostalgia for a time and place that cannot be recreated. There is no such word for it.

Interestingly, Germans also have very specific words for everything including feeling words. I picked up on freudenfreude in the same lecture. Joy in someone else's joy. That is one of the best feelings too.
Who can resist a Baby's laugh?

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
@rancidmilko

Who can resist a Baby's laugh?

I cannot.